export working sets issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export working sets issue

randyhermes
Contributor III

I created a project using a copy of the SDK-MQX hello demo.

The projects links in two mqx libraries and one sdk library.

I added the project files for the libraries to my work space and would like to export a working set file so that others can load all four projects by importing it.

When I try to export project-of-projects the SDK library doesn't show up  and it lists all of the hello demo app projects.

I can unselect the demo apps, but how do I get the SDK library to show up?

Any advise is appreciated.

Labels (1)
14 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Randy,,

Which IDE do you use ?

And sorry i can not know your issue clearly , could you please say in detail ! thank !

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

randyhermes
Contributor III

I am using KDS 3.0 and KSDK 1.2 on Win 7 64bit, running on a TWR-K21F120M development board.

I started with a copy of C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.2.0\rtos\mqx\mqx\examples\hello\build\kds\hello_twrk21f120m.

My current workspace has the following projects:

ksdk_mqx_lib_K21FA12,

mqx_stdlib_twrk21F120m,

mqx_twrk21f120m,

myProject.

When I do FILE\EXPORT\PROJECT OF PROJECTS I get the following list:

demo_twrk21f120m (listed twice)

hello_twrk21f120m

hello_world

mqx_stdlib_twrk21f120m

mqx_twrk21f120m

mqx_twrk22f120m

myProject

The ksdk project is not listed.  I don't understand where the extra projects are coming from, but I can un-select them so it should be an issue.  But I need the ksdk library project in the working set file.

So what am I doing wrong or don't understand?

Thank you

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Randy,

I have test on my side .

Please select General -> File System  :

pastedImage_0.png

Then you will see

pastedImage_1.png

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

randyhermes
Contributor III

Thank you Alice,

Following your instructions copies all of the project files to a new directory.

What I am trying to do is create a .wsd file that references all 4 of the projects I am using.

So I can Import the .wsd using project-of-projects and have the library projects and my project loaded into my workspace.

I guess the alternative would be to just create a new workspace and save it.  But I haven't found a way to do that yet.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Randy,

(1) I know your meaning , on my side , it can work well :

pastedImage_0.png

This mean the working set name is "hello_twrk21f120m" , it include three project (or lib) : hello_twrk21f120m  mqx_stdlib_twrk21f120m  and mqx_twrk21f120m.

(2) If  you want create a .wsd file by your self , there have two steps :

-  create a working set

-  export the working set to .wsd file .

After this , when you directly import the .wsd file , all the project in it will be on the kds.

The detail steps :

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_5.png

Hope it helps

Have a great day,

Alice

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

randyhermes
Contributor III

Thank you again Alice,

Unfortunately "Select Working Set" is not active under Project/Build Working Set.

So I can't create a new one.

I've decided to just create a new workspace with the four projects in it.  Since there doesn't seem to be a simple way to create a working set definition.

Thanks for all your help.

Randy

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Randy,

If your project have been set a working set , the Project/Build Working Set is gray (not active),

you can create some new project then try this function.

And when you export it , can you screenshot it then show it to me ? I want to know why and how is wrong on your side , thank !

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

randyhermes
Contributor III

Hi Alice,

I created a new workspace and imported my  four projects.   Two were "project of projects type, two were simple projects.

After this I did a Export "Project of Projects" and selected all four projects in the list.

Then I deleted all of the projects and imported the "Project of Projects" and all four projects were loaded.

Never have been able to get "Select working set" to work.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Randy,

Could you screenshot for me ?

And maybe for it include  Two were "project of projects type  .

You can only create two simple project to try the function of  "Select working set"b .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

randyhermes
Contributor III

My Workspace

MyWorkspace.png

File/Export Project of Projects

FileExport.png

Next

ExportWorkingSet.png

Note that gpio_example shows up even though I deleted it from the project explorer. I don’t think it should show up.

mqx_stdlib_twrk21f120m and mqx_twrk21f120m were originally imported as project-of projects.

STPWorkingSet p-of-p was caused by my original, failed attempts at creating a working set.

After I finish I can delete all of the projects in my workspace, import STPWorkingSet.wsp and I will have STPproject and the three libs.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

(1) Please uncheck the "Build Automatically " when create working set :

pastedImage_0.png

(2) From your last picture, it is doesn't matter show gpio_example ;

From it ,

pastedImage_1.png

it not meaning there are same project , it meaning the "mqx_stdlib_twrk21f120m" is one working set ,it only include the project "mqx_stdlib_twrk21f120m".

And now from the last picture , we can see you put the three working set to the STPWorkingSet.wsd .

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos

randyhermes
Contributor III

Hi Alice,

Thank you for all the time you spent helping me out on this.

Randy

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Randy,

You are welcome !:smileyhappy:

Alice

0 Kudos

randyhermes
Contributor III

Hi Alice,

I did more digging around and came up with a much better way of creating/editing working sets.

Here's the instructions.

I also have this as a PDF with screen shots.  Let me know how and I'll get it to you.

Randy.

Enable Working Set creation/editing in KDS 3.0

By default KDS does not expose the commands for creating/manipulating working sets (projects of projects).  This document provides instructions for enabling and using the commands to create a new working set file.

Select Window/Customize Perspective

Select the Command Groups Availability tab, scroll down to the bottom of the Available command groups: list.

Check Window Working Set and Working Set Manipulation.

Select the Tool Bar Visibility tab.

Check Window Working Set and Working Set Manipulation.

If these do not appear as choices, click on OK then reopen with Windows/Customize Perspective

Click on OK.

You should now have the following commands available

Edit/Add to Working Set

Edit/Remove from Working Set

Window/Working Sets/Edit.

Create a new Working Set (Project of Projects)

Select Window/Working Sets/Edit

Click on New.

Select C/C++

Click on Next

Type in a working set name and select the projects to include in it.

Click on finish.

Now save to a file.

Select File/Export

In the dialog select Project of Projects/Existing Projects Sets

Now select the working set to export, Enter/Select the file name in Export to file: and set projects relative path.

Click on Finish