example code for Freedom KL46

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

example code for Freedom KL46

jcottier
Contributor II

Hello, I am trying to get example code to run the LCD on the Freedom KL46 board. I have KDS 3 (Ubuntu and W7) and CW 10.6 (W7).

I have downloaded KL46_SC.exe, and I have tried many permutations to import the project, but always get an error of some kind (path not found, no makefile etc). I had it working a couple of years ago so I guess its a compatibility issue somewhere.  Do you have a procedure to import this code and configure for either KDS or CW? or is there any updated example code? Regards John Cottier.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In case this helps: there is an example with LCD support on mcuoneclipse/Examples/CodeWarrior/FRDM-KL46Z/FRDM-KL46Z_Demo · GitHub . This is a Processor Expert project and it uses a set of components available on SourceForge: McuOnEclipse - Browse /PEx Components at SourceForge.net 

I have attached the project to this thread as a reference (CodeWarrior for MCU 10.7)

Erich

0 Kudos

jcottier
Contributor II

Hello Erich, thanks for your reply. I have managed to work it out from scratch now using KDS. I dont use Processor Expert (yet). But I am appalled at the lack up to date demo software from NXP. If I had to use something like CAN I think I would be really struggling. Good example code is worth its weight in gold in my opinion.

Regards John.

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi John,

yes, agree with you on the value of example code (that's why I put them on GitHub). BTW, the KDS version you can find here: mcuoneclipse/Examples/KDS/FRDM-KL46Z at master · GitHub 

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos