What is more preferable IDE?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is more preferable IDE?

alexandergoldin
Contributor III

What is more preferable IDE CodeWarrior or Kinetis?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alexander,

You will find more info on the blog: MCU on Eclipse | Everything on Eclipse, Microcontrollers and Software

Refer to:

http://mcuoneclipse.com/2014/09/28/comparing-codewarrior-with-kinetis-design-studio/

Using Kinetis Design Studio with IAR Embedded Workbench IDE | MCU on Eclipse

Have a great day,
Pascal
Freescale Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

alexandergoldin
Contributor III

Thank you, Pascal. I will check it.

bcamp
Contributor III

Hi

As time goes on, I don't believe that CodeWarrior for ARM will receive the attention that KDS gets. Porting between the various tools is not as simple as you might think. If you are not running anything now I would pick KDS over CW.

The more involved question is IAR vs Keil vs KDS (and others). There you are comparing "paid" options to "free" ones. The

CW / KDS decision is also paid vs free at some level.

Bob

alexandergoldin
Contributor III

Thank you, Bob. It is an interesting point of view.

alexandergoldin
Contributor III

There is an opinion, that "Usage of Kinetis Design Studio is recommended for new projects".