Rx interrupts on fsl_uart component

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rx interrupts on fsl_uart component

sergiosaucedo
Contributor I

Good Afternoon! Can someone help me whit this isue? I wanna use a Rx and Tx interrupts whit the fsl_uart component, but when I try to get the received characters I can't visualize it. I used an example where all the code is in main.c and it works as well, but I wanna try that code doesn't be at main.c, can the code goes in to events.c? or How can I manage the interrupts?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sergio,

I am assuming you are using KSDK_1.3 with Processor Expert.  Correct?

Assuming yes, then you can right click on the Component and select "Help on Component" and the click on the "Methods".

You will see "UART_DRV_InstallRxCallback -Installs the callback function for the UART receive." is available.

Optionally in the following path is PDF:

C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\doc\Kinetis SDK v.1.3 API Reference Manual.pdf

This also has UART section to speak about HAP and Peripheral Driver API's.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

sergiosaucedo
Contributor I

Hi David

Thanks for the answer, yes i'm using KDSK_1.3.

I'm gonna try to undestand how is the UART_DRV_InstallRxCallback works, so if i wan to receive data from UART I will need to call UART_DRV_InstallRxCallback just one time, or everytime as the UART receive data?

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sergio,

You only need call UART_DRV_InstallRxCallback just one time.

There is a demo about how to use the UART callback funciton , it is base on KSDK1.2 ,

while the method is the same , i think you can refer to .

The usage of UART callback function install

In this thread , it mentioned one bug on ksdk1.2 when uses UART interrupt function,

you can check  your KSDK1.3 , whether it also have , if yes,  the workaround is the same .

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos