cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repository Folder

neilporven
Senior Contributor I

Hi Everyone,

I see that the new KDS 3.2.0 is out.  I have a repository folder on a NAS drive in my network.

I would like everyone in our company to have access to this folder and be able to use the

items inside.

Currently the only way I can do this is to copy the item I would like to use and drop it in my

project folder. Second go out to the project's properties and add the item folder to the Include paths (-I).

Third, add my include.h of the item in the file I would like to use it.

I would like to know if in KDS 3.2.0 I can use Include paths (-I), but not have to copy the item

I want to use inside my repository into my project file? and if possible how?

Thank you,

Neil

0 Kudos
5 Replies

neilporven
Senior Contributor I

Hi Alice,

Thank you for the link.  The tutorial goes through what they call linking of the files and folders, but ultimately

the file/folder/functions appear in the the project itself.  Its like dragging the file/folders/functions into the project.

I don't know if its possible, but I was looking to actually linking a path where my repository is and linking one,

two, three, etc... items in the repository without to actually drag them in the project itself.

Something like this:

Link.jpg

Then be able to address the members inside of the RS232.

The example above is different from this:

Link2.jpg

This is following the tutorial method which does work.

Like I said, I don't know if this is possible?

Regards,

Neil

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Neil,

-Maybe you can make a lib about your repository, then add the lib .

-And about the link files, it is not copy and past into project,  all of your team members

can use it , they just link to the file of repository, if the file in repository changed ,

the member's also changed . The folder under project just a virtual .

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

neilporven
Senior Contributor I

Hi Alice,

"-Maybe you can make a lib about your repository, then add the lib ."

Do you have an example of how this is done?

Thank you,

Neil

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Neil,

There is a tutorial about how to create a library on KDS:

https://mcuoneclipse.com/2015/01/06/creating-a-library-with-kinetis-design-studio/      

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Neil,

You can link to your sharing folder or files refer to this tutorial :

Link to Files and Folders in Eclipse | MCU on Eclipse 

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

0 Kudos