Processor Expert, UART3, and MK64Fxx 100pin LQFP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor Expert, UART3, and MK64Fxx 100pin LQFP

neilporven
Senior Contributor I

I can't access the multiple UART3 using PE? PE is saying there is conflict although there are several

UART3 On the K64?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ,

Yes, it can not use two same UART.

And why you want use two UART3? what function do you want to realize ?

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

neilporven
Senior Contributor I

Hi Alice,

The function is a SCI communication.  The uP has multiple UART3 on PINs (58_RX,59_TX, 90_Rx, 91_TX, 6_RX, 7_TX), my

hardware is already connected to this PINs.  Is there a way to use UART3 on these pins, either through PE or time share it and

configure it outside of PE manually?

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Neil,

We mux the peripherals to multiple pins to enable a wide range of configurations (i.e. we have more capability on-chip than pins allow so we mux and let you choose what pins to have the peripheral capability come out on).

Now you cannot have the UART3 connected to more than one set of pins simultaneously.  Yes you could dynamically change this.  It just is not a typical application.

You need to be sure other application code is not trying to use those pins as well (i.e. avoid contention).

Once you have played around, feel free to post your project.

Are you using the freedom or tower hardware for development?  If yes, that makes life much easier for us to help support.

Please note I looked at the reference manual for the 100-pin and see a difference:

UART_TX/RX on pins 5&6....not 6&7.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

neilporven
Senior Contributor I

Hi David,

I am now working on our own board and passed the FRDM-K64 development board.  I see that PE would not be able

to make this happen, since, the PINs are mux.  So I would have to dynamically, set & release UART3 depending on

the pins I would like to communicate on using the UART3.  Your are right it is pins 5&6, I should use a ruler when trying

to isolate the pins on the schematic....LOL.....not as young as I used to be....LOL!!!

I am going to see how PE sets UART3 for one, then I know how to set the other, when I try to do it dynamically.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello David,

On PE , if  you want use one pin to two function , you can use "ConnectPin" method .

For example , PTE5 used to GPIO and the Receiver of UART3, do like this :

pastedImage_0.png

then, . You can use ConnectPin() method of BitIO and Serial_LDD to switch the routing at runtime.
pastedImage_1.png

Hope it helps

Alice