cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with importing NXP examples into Codewarrior V11.1

mehrdad_ostovar
Contributor I

Hi,

I loaded the examples for Gen4xs switches (Gen4eXtremeSwitch_PEx_SW.zip) and wanted to add the examples to Codewarrior workspace. I created a new project with existing code, select the directory and let copy the file to workspace.

The result is absolutley unuseable. At first sight it looks everything normal but when I try to compile it, then I get the message that there is nothing to do or there is no makefile.

After long search and try, I found that the setteings of the project are damaged. When I look at properties of the project, in C/C++ Build, Settings, Tool settings tab, I have no entries. I get an empty square with no content.

I got also code from NXP engineers which I tried to import with the same result.

I could import twice the project when I created a new empty project then close the project, delete the files and replace them with the wanted content and reopen the project but this is not working always and its not a real workaround. the goal ist to import them without such problems.

I need you help to solve this problem.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

mehrdad_ostovar
Contributor I

Hi,

Yes, I tried that but its not working as described in the documentation.

Any other Idea?

Thanks,

Mehrdad

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I tried it on my side too, unfortunately, I was not able to compile examples in CodeWarrior. I have already consulted with application engineer for CodeWarrior, but we were not able to find any solution.

It seems, these examples are created for Kinetis Design Studio and from some reason I do not know, these does not work correct in CodeWarrior even if Used Guide tells it should work.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

mehrdad_ostovar
Contributor I

Hi,

I tried them also with kinetis design studio. Result is the same. This is also not the only example with this problem.

A manufactorer should deliver examples which are very easy to compile and run. I waste more than 2 days time to get few of them running.

I made a new Processor expert project. Implement some senslens configuration and code and compile them. Then close the project, delete the content of the newly generated directory content. Dont delete the whole directory. It seems that the deleting the directory has influence to the build process. copy the content of the example directory to the fresh generated. Open project and generate the processor expert code and compile them. You probably need also to copy the CW director to another directory because there are hard links to the CW directories and if you use the newest version, you will have problems.

Once again, I wated ~20 hours of my time to find this solution and I could complie only one of them. The other examples dont work in this manner.

Regards,

Mehrdad

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mehrdad,

unfortunately, I am not kinetis expert, so I am moving this topic to kinetis community and I hope, there is someone, who can help you with this issue.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

have you already read the Gen4eXtremeSwitch Processor Expert component User Guide? Please see the link below:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/PEXMC12XSF-MC12XS6UG.pdf 

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos