Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object file linking problem

Jump to solution
jeemonjoy
Contributor II

Hi,

When I tried to create an independent project with all the required platform (driver, hal, OSA, system, start_up, utilities, CMSIS, ...) files, following error occurred during the linking.

Error is:

arm-none-eabi-gcc: error: ./Libraies/fatfs/fsl_sd_disk/src/fsl_sd_disk.o: No such file or directory

make: *** [SD.elf] Error 1

While observing the error, I could see that the directory name (Libraries) in  linking path "../Libraies/fatfs/fsl_sd_disk/src/fsl_sd_disk.o" is wrong ("r" is missing in "/Libraries").

And also object file "fsl_sd_disk.o" is created in specified directory.

Work around:

Limited the linkage of number of object files by including some of the *.c files to a single .c file and excluding those included *.c files from the project.

After doing this I could create independent project successfully.

Is there any limitations on linking the number of object files?

Thanks in Advance

Jeemon Joy

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jeemon Joy,

The issue seems to be related with the 8192 character command line limit on Windows. Please take a look to the following post created by our colleague Erich Styger, it explains how to solve this issue:

Solving the 8192 Character Command Line Limit on Windows | MCU on Eclipse

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jeemon Joy,

The issue seems to be related with the 8192 character command line limit on Windows. Please take a look to the following post created by our colleague Erich Styger, it explains how to solve this issue:

Solving the 8192 Character Command Line Limit on Windows | MCU on Eclipse

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
jeemonjoy
Contributor II

Hi Carlos Mendoza,

By following what is mentioned in the link attached in your reply, I could solve the problem.

Thanks a lot Carlos Mendoza.

Also thanks to Erich Styger.

I would like to know whether any limitations in the newly copied executables (.exe).

Regards

Jeemon Joy

0 Kudos
Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jeemon,

You're welcome, it is good to hear you could solve the problem.

By looking at the release notes, it seems that there are no known problems so far:

Version 2.6.1-201502281154 released | GNU ARM Eclipse

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

0 Kudos