Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MKL46Z arm-none-eabi-gcc

Jump to solution
briceagbebe-cos
Contributor II

Hello,

I try to compile a very simple program to light up a LED from the FRDM MKL46 board.

I used the the datasheet as reference from where I took the registers address.

Let's suppose it works, I have a file called main.c I want to compile it, link it, and upload it to my MKL46 board.

The steps are presented below. I have to mention that I use Linux

arm-none-eabi-gcc mcpu=cortex-m0plus -c main.c -specs=nosys.specs        ---------> result main.o

arm-none-eabi-ld -o main.elf main.o                                 ----------> result main.elf

arm-none-eabi-objcopy -O binary main.elf main.bin      -----------> result main.bin

Then I copy the final file (main.bin) to my board,and, of course nothing happens.

What's wrong ?

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Bebe-Cosmin Briceag,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi.

What IDE do you work with?

if with NXP KDS (Kinetis Design Studio Integrated Development Environment (IDE)|NXP ), we can edit, build,link, download code to flash automatically. users needn't focus on the mid steps..

KDS is free and easy to work with, if you don't use it. Can you try it?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi.

What IDE do you work with?

if with NXP KDS (Kinetis Design Studio Integrated Development Environment (IDE)|NXP ), we can edit, build,link, download code to flash automatically. users needn't focus on the mid steps..

KDS is free and easy to work with, if you don't use it. Can you try it?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos