cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link m_text section to the D-FLash

hagguisouhail
Contributor III

Hello,

I am facing a problem that my code exceeds the plash size. Since the microcontroller that i am working with have a d-flash. Is it possible to specify for the linker to move the m_text section to the d-flash instead of the p-flash. I will appreciate any help plz.

0 Kudos
10 Replies

EdgarLomeli
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Haggui Souhail‌,

You can span the memory usage using the MCU settings perspective.

1. Select your project on your workspace.

2. Click on Project->Properties. The following view will be displayed:

pastedImage_1.png

3. Go to C/C++ Build->MCU Settings, configure the following fields:

pastedImage_4.png

4. Save the changes clicking on "Apply" and then "Apply and Close" button.

With the steps above, your project will be configured to make use of the entire Flash and RAM memories.

Best Regards.

Edgar.

0 Kudos

EdgarLomeli
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Haggui Souhail‌,

There are some steps additional to follow if you have not updated the J-Link Package on MCUXpresso yet. Please, ensure that you are making use of this one. See my reply above. 

Regards.

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Haggui Souhail,

Which product ?

If kenetis series,  yes. Please check reference manual of your chip:pastedImage_1.png

Hope it helps,

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

hagguisouhail
Contributor III

Thank you for your response, knowing that I am working with Mcuxpresso, I would like to span the program code between the pflash (start adress 0x0, size 0x40000) and the flexnvm memory( start adress 0x10000000, size 0x40000). I followed the steps in the link from the mcuxpresso ide user guide, section 14.3 "Configuring projects to span multiple Flash Devices", i can see in the map file that the coreespinding variables have been placed in the specified section (flexnvm), however when I debug the program, I can see that there is no data in the flexnvm, morevover the program cannot load theis data and it enters the hardfault routine. Can you plz help me with this issue ?

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Haggui,

Please tell me which chip ? Also send your project .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

hagguisouhail
Contributor III

In fact what I intend to do is the same steps as described in the next thread HOWTO: Program data flash (DFLASH), however with MCUXpresso not S32 Design studio.

0 Kudos

miguel_reyes
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Dear hagguisouhail‌, 

This is a known issue with MCUXpresso and projects using KW36. We will provide the fix in the public release of the KW35/36 device. 

Your technical support person will be contacting you directly to provide the patch and the steps to support this because product has not been launched yet.

Best regards,

Miguel  

adargad
Contributor II

@Miguel Reyes

I am also trying to extend my code flash in Flex NVM. I am also facing same thing as mentioned above. I can not see the code sections in Flex NVM after flashing using MCUXpresso with J link debugger. Can you also deliver the patch to me as well.

0 Kudos

EdgarLomeli
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello adargad@visteon.com‌,

The newest Segger J-Link release contains the proper support to program the FlexNVM memory address range. 

1. Download and install the newest J-Link Software and Documentation Pack version (actually v6.52a).

2. Once you have installed the J-Link Pack, navigate to "Window->Preferences->MCUXpresso IDE->J-Link Options" perspective in MCUXpresso IDE.

pastedImage_3.png

3. Click on "Browse..." button next to "Search on the J-Link Server executable" and search the JLinkGDBServerCL.exe file from the newest version of J-Link. Save the changes clicking on "Apply" and "Apply and Close" button. At this point, you have updated the J-Link version that MCUXpresso uses to program the devices.

Regards. 

0 Kudos

hagguisouhail
Contributor III

Hi Alice,

I am using the MKW36512xxx4 MCU. Please find attached an example.

Best regards,

0 Kudos