Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis flash write is very slow

Jump to solution
laszlomonda
Contributor IV

Hi guys,

Nowadays, I'm playing around with an FRDM-K22F dev board and it's remarkably slow to update its flash. I'm using the cmsisdap configuration from KDS over the OpenSDA port and it takes almost a minute. My expectation would be about 1-2 sec. Is this normal? How can I massively speed it up?

Thanks!

- Laci

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Erich ever wrote article about Speeding up the Debug Launch in CodeWarrior, it's also for KDS.

Speeding up the Debug Launch in CodeWarrior | MCU on Eclipse

besides, I don't know how big your project is. i tested download with a bare board new project, it can be downloaded to target in several seconds. however if your project code size is big, the download speed can be 1sec, it's normal.

I suggest you try Open SDA  Jlink interface,  see attached jlink firmware.

meanwhile, to avoid old associations, I also suggest you test download with creating a brand new workspace. then create a new project in this new workspace to test again.

some customers feed back, some virus defender or fire wall can slow the download speed, please disable them and test again.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Erich ever wrote article about Speeding up the Debug Launch in CodeWarrior, it's also for KDS.

Speeding up the Debug Launch in CodeWarrior | MCU on Eclipse

besides, I don't know how big your project is. i tested download with a bare board new project, it can be downloaded to target in several seconds. however if your project code size is big, the download speed can be 1sec, it's normal.

I suggest you try Open SDA  Jlink interface,  see attached jlink firmware.

meanwhile, to avoid old associations, I also suggest you test download with creating a brand new workspace. then create a new project in this new workspace to test again.

some customers feed back, some virus defender or fire wall can slow the download speed, please disable them and test again.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
laszlomonda
Contributor IV

Hi Jennie,

Your suggestion has made a world of difference! My problem was not the build time but the flashing time. It was taking a minute to flash the dev_hid_audio_bm_frdmk22f demo over cmsisdap and a second over jlink.

Thank you so much!

- Laci

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Good news!

You are welcome!

Best Regards,

Jennie

0 Kudos