Kinetis IDE Firmware Flash was asking "Device is secure. Erase to Unsecure?" twice. Now, it only asks once. Is this an indication of a problem flashing firmware?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis IDE Firmware Flash was asking "Device is secure. Erase to Unsecure?" twice. Now, it only asks once. Is this an indication of a problem flashing firmware?

lucasoliveira
Contributor I

Kinetis IDE Firmware Flash was asking "Device is secure. Erase to Unsecure?" twice.  Now, it only asks once. Is this an indication of a problem flashing firmware?

My understanding is that asking "Device is secure. Erase to Unsecure?" two times indicates a successful operation. Perhaps, this is done for another reason known or unknown.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Lucas.

the message "Device is secure. Erase to Unsecure?" is related with the GDI driver under KDS install.  Different GDI driver version may behave different slightly sometimes.

when IDE pops up this message, it means the device is secured. only clicking "yes" button to mass erase device could unsecure device and download new code.

if you click "yes " button but this message box pop up again(is this what you mean?), it may because the device was not successfully unsecured in the first time.  if the second try can erase and unsecure flash well, you can go ahead.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

lucasoliveira
Contributor I

Thank you Jennie.

Best Regards,

Lucas

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You are welcome.

Best Regards,