cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis Design Studio / USBDM / PE

michaelheidinge
Contributor III

Hi,

I've an issue using prozessor expert. When creating over USBDM in KDS 3.2., I get the following error.

C:/Users/Michael/workspace.kds/pe-learn-1/Generated_Code/PE_Types.h:127:8: error: expected identifier or '(' before '__asm'

Can you please check and correct the coworking of USBDM, PE and KDS 3.2.?

-Michael

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

michaelheidinge
Contributor III

I would really apprechiate any support here.

0 Kudos

michaelheidinge
Contributor III

Dear Erich.

I definitly did not change anything on the toolchain, i used KDS3.2 right away, as it came from the installer. There was a 2015 version installed, you were right. Now I pressed update and have the following versions:

pe3.png

I made sure, that I've defined the arm-gcc nxp delivers:

(USBDM->Configure)

pe4.png

I decided to create a brand-new project with the USB-DM Wizzard.

pe5.png

and created a brand new project. I made sure, I selected the dialect you told me.

pe5.png

Hitting now compile returns the same error.

13:31:57 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project pelearn4 ****

usbdm-make all

'Building file: ../Static_Code/System/CPU_Init.c'

'Invoking: ARM C Compiler'

arm-none-eabi-gcc -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mthumb -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -g3 -O3 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -DDEBUG_BUILD -DCPU_MK22FN512VLH12 -I"C:/Users/Michael/workspace.kds/pelearn4/Sources" -I"C:/Users/Michael/workspace.kds/pelearn4/Project_Headers" -I"C:/Users/Michael/workspace.kds/pelearn4/Generated_Code" -I"C:/Users/Michael/workspace.kds/pelearn4/Static_Code/IO_Map" -I"C:/Users/Michael/workspace.kds/pelearn4/Static_Code/PDD" -I"C:/Users/Michael/workspace.kds/pelearn4/Static_Code/System" -I"C:/Users/Michael/workspace.kds/pelearn4/Sources" -Wall -std=gnu11 -c -fmessage-length=0 -MT"Static_Code/System/CPU_Init.o" -MMD -MP -MF"Static_Code/System/CPU_Init.d" -MT"Static_Code/System/CPU_Init.d"  -o "Static_Code/System/CPU_Init.o" ../Static_Code/System/CPU_Init.c

In file included from ../Static_Code/System/CPU_Init.c:51:0:

C:/Users/Michael/workspace.kds/pelearn4/Generated_Code/PE_Types.h:127:8: error: expected identifier or '(' before '__asm'

static __asm __inline void Cpu_EnterCritical(volatile uint8_t *SR_reg)

^

C:/Users/Michael/workspace.kds/pelearn4/Generated_Code/PE_Types.h:153:8: error: expected identifier or '(' before '__asm'

static __asm __inline void Cpu_ExitCritical(volatile uint8_t *SR_reg)

^

usbdm-make: *** [Static_Code/System/CPU_Init.o] Error 1

13:31:57 Build Finished (took 450ms)

Looking where the error is, we can see that it's the inline assembler.

/* Prevents the activation of all exceptions by writing to priority mask register */

#ifdef _lint

#define Cpu_EnterCritical(SR_reg)  /* empty */

#else

static __asm __inline void Cpu_EnterCritical(volatile uint8_t *SR_reg)

{

PUSH {R0,R1}

MRS R1, FAULTMASK

CPSID f

STRB R1, [R0]

POP {R0,R1}

BX  LR

ALIGN 4

}

#endif

I made as many screenshoots as possible so that you can understand where my problem is. I'm pretty desperate right now. Please help!

-Michael

0 Kudos

michaelheidinge
Contributor III

pe1.pngpe2.png

Maybe I am looking in the wrong dialog?

Thanks for the help in advance.

-Michael

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Michael,

you are definitely not using the GNU ARM Eclipse build tool integration which comes by default with Kinetis Design Studio V3.2.0 which are these:

default kds.png

So it seems that you are a different kind of project/plugins?

What are you using?

Erich

0 Kudos

michaelheidinge
Contributor III

Dear Erich, thanks for the quick reply.

[Clicking on Property]->Projects->MISC->And then i found your option. It looked a litte bit different, but I think C11 is already enabled.

Sorry, didn't fix it. Any more ideas?

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Dear Michael,

I don't see that MISC page? Can you show a screenshot?

Erich

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Michael,

if __asm("....") is accepted or not depends on your compiler language settings. I think you ahve set it to C90 where asm() (and not __asm() is supported. I recommend you change the settings to C99 or C11:

pastedImage_0.png

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos