cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis Design Studio, MQX and DDR Memory Example Codes Required

prashanttawde
Contributor II

Hello Authority,

We are migrating our project from Atollic TRUEStudio to Kinetis Design Studio. Everything is working fine with Atollic TRUEStuido. We are running our application from DDR Memory and it is MQX based application.
In Kinetis Design Studio, we are successfully compiled ELF but while debugging from Jlink Debugger code is crashing while switching context from SRAM to DDR memory. Initial part of code we are executing form SRAM. We have done required changes in start-up script to initialize DDR memory, also ensure same that code is written on DDR memory.

Please provide us some example projects or help in;
1. Migration from Atollic TRUEStudio to Kinetis Design Studio.
2. Running application through DDR memory in Kinetis Design Studio.
3. MQX based application in Kinetis Design Studio with DDR memory.

Tell me if anything more required from our side.

Thanks and Regards,
Prashant Tawde

Labels (1)
5 Replies

prashanttawde
Contributor II

Hello Alice,

Thanks for your help. So far I have progressed in linking mqx library code with my application. And now code is downloaded in DRAM memory also executing for there.

Now I am facing one issue here. Whenever I execute __libc_init_array(); instruction. Code crashes there. Do you have any clue regarding this.?

Thanks and Regards,

Prashant Tawde

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Prashant,

Sorry for that  i know the MQX functions not very clearly , in order to solve the problem sooner ,

i recommend you ask a question on the MQX thread , there will be MQX expert  help you about this .

MQX Software Solutions

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Prashant,

- There is document about Migration from Atollic TRUEStudio to Kinetis Design Studio , i recommend you

create one mew project on KDS, then copy the application code to it .

- You might look at the KINETIS120_SC baremetal code that has example of using only the DDR for debugging an application:

\KINETIS_120MHZ_SC\KINETIS_120MHZ_SC\build\iar\lcdc

- Also there are tips you can refer to : K70 Tower System MQX Application in RAM 

-  There also the DDR memory initialization tool : K70_120 |Kinetis K70 120/150 MHz MCUs|NXP 

pastedImage_2.png

Hope it helps

Alice

prashanttawde
Contributor II

Hello Alice,

It will be really helpful if you attach KINETIS_120MHZ_SC\build\iar\lcdc file here. I am not able to download it from given link.

Regards,

Prashant

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Prashant,

Please check the attachment !

Have a great day,
Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos