cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS .map Discarded input sections

ghazy
Contributor I

Hi,

I am trying to build a code warrior project using KDS. The generated elf file was too small, when I looked at the map file, there was a long list "Discarded input sections". I don't seem to have this issue when I build in code warrior. I changed the linker file from .lcf to .ld they seem to be setup similarly. I am not sure what kind of information I need to provide.

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ismail,

Porting the CW project to KDS, please refer to here :

Importing MCU V10.6 projects (sample, using PE and MQX) under KDS

Best Regards,

Alice

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post help your question, please click the helpful Answer button.

0 Kudos

ghazy
Contributor I

Alice,

There seems to be more to it. The project used arm tool chains and an old version of mqx.

On a different topic, I tried downloading and installing mqx 3.7 but the installer file seems to be corrupt. It does not work.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ,

Do you mean you also use MQX3.7 on KDS? if yes , unfortunately , i think MQX3.7 can not support KDS, you can check MQX 3.7 release note.

So it is unable to directly open the CW -MQX project on KDS。

If you want create MQX project on KDS, on one hand you can use KSDK-MQX, other hand ,you can refer to here : Re: how to create MQX project in KDS .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

ghazy
Contributor I

Basically I have an old project built on CW 10.4 using mqx 3.8. I was going to try building the project using KDS and newer version of mqx. Before I did that, I wanted to see if there were changes made to the mqx I have. I wanted to download 3.7 and use the 3.8 patch and then compare the files. For some reason the 3.7 installer is not working. It does not start.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ismael,

Are you still having problems with the installer?

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos