cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS Debugger Backdoor Key (PEmicro)

Jump to solution
guitardenver
Contributor IV

I'm using KDS 3.2.0 with a PEmicro multilink and a MK22FN512 MCU.

How do I set up the debugger to use the backdoor access key to unsecure the device without a mass erase? Is there a command I can pass in or a setting i'm missing in KDS?

Thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Matt,

The P&E multilink doesn't support backdoor key function to unsecure.

About the detail answer , you can also check this thread :

P&E Microcomputer Systems: Over 30 years as an Industry leader in Embedded Systems Development Tools...

And About the use the kientis unsecrity with backdoor , i recommend you refer to this doc :

http://cache.nxp.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/app_note/AN4507.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=2&pageNum=1

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Matt,

Does this can help you ?

Using a backdoor key to unlock security for Kinetis family MCU

Hope it helps

Alice

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
guitardenver
Contributor IV

Alice,

No, I can use the backdoor, I just wanted a way for PEMicro debugger to be able to use the backdoor key to unsecure the device without a mass erase. I do not see anything about the backdoor key in the KDS debugger settings. I know USBDM has an option to use the backdoor key in their standalone programmer.

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Matt,

The P&E multilink doesn't support backdoor key function to unsecure.

About the detail answer , you can also check this thread :

P&E Microcomputer Systems: Over 30 years as an Industry leader in Embedded Systems Development Tools...

And About the use the kientis unsecrity with backdoor , i recommend you refer to this doc :

http://cache.nxp.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/app_note/AN4507.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=2&pageNum=1

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Matt,

On KDS, there is not the function ,

i will ask the the P&E company whether have the tool can unsecure the device if you need.

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos