Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP import existing proj in KDS 3.0 to build C firmware

mci
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm new to KDS and KSDK.   

The firmware of some of the products of the company where I work were outsourced & developed by  a different company.

Now I am taking over all FW/embedded SW development.

To transfer & transition all FW assets, I have to setup the IDE they used on my Windows 7 PC which I have done.  They used KDS v3.0.0 and KSDK v1.3.    So those are what I installed.   

On first launch, I setup my workspace to a folder just above the "\Source" folder where all the project C source files are.

On the empty Explorer window, I right-clicked & used "Import -> Project of Projects -> Existing Project Sets", and so KDS 3.0 loaded all the working sets as shown on the attached image.

Next step is to build and create a binary that should behave exactly as the most recent firmware version they delivered to us.

This is where my problem starts.    When I right click one of the working set that I should build first (per their instruction), the Properties on the window that pops-up does not have any "C/C++ Build..." and other C/C++ selection.

The attached image shows side-by-side comparison of my Properties window (middle/left)  and their Properties window (middle/right).

I've also asked them (haven't gotten answer yet) if they are working in "Linux" environment because "Linux" is listed on their Properties Window.

So basically, I can't build anything right now because it seems that the "toolchain" for NXP MK22FX512AVLH12  ARM Cortex-M4 core is not loaded.   All inside the items on my Properties window are "EMPTY".

NOTE:  the 2nd attachment is an error that pops-up everytime on all the MANY times I've imported existing projects.   It pops-up when I click "Finish" button.

What am I missing in my installation?   Is there some “build” or “makefile” or “configuration” file I have to ask from them that I need to load, open, import to my project?

Please help.

Thanks,

MCI

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

- Does your KDS can work well when run other projects? Please create a new project and build to have  a try,

refer to "KDS_Users_Guide.pdf" under KDS install path:  KDS_v3\doc.

- Please show the Console window about the error massage after build :

pastedImage_1.png

BR

Alice

0 Kudos