cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeRTOS with mk20dx256vlh7 and Kinetis Design Studio

pulsatrixp1
Contributor III

Hello,

I have been trying to create a new project using Kinetis Design Studio for the MK20DX256VLH7, but in all the forums I find instructions on how to do it with the Kinetis SDK for an evaluation board, and when I replicate this for my specific MK20, the SDK is not enabled when creating the project, but it is if I select one of the development boards (It seems this device is not supported).

My question is how to set up the freertos with my specific MK20 Kinetis device using Kinetis Design Studio?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
3 Replies

MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pulsatrix,

First build latest KSDK package: Go to kex.nxp.com, select "Build an SDK", create new configuration for "MK20DX256xxx10" processor and select SDK 2.0, KDS toolchain and ensure you have FreeRTOS selected and then click on "Build SDK Package". When the package is ready, download using Software Vault. Unzip the package into new folder (it is recommended to create folder under c:\nxp\)

(1) In KDS 3.2 ensure, you have the latest version of NPW installed (use Check for updates) and here are steps to create new project:

• main menu - File - New - Kinetis SDK 2.x Project
  • enter project name and select the root folder of the SDK package
  • on the next package select board or processor and ensure, you have FreeRTOS selected

(2) Alternatively you can import example projects provided in "boards\{board}\rtos_examples\" folder (use main menu - File - Import - General - Existing Project into Workspace)

Regards

Marek

pulsatrixp1
Contributor III

Hi Marek,

Thank you very much for your useful reply. Does it matter that in the processor selection I am also selecting the "MK20DX256xxx10", does the difference in clock make any effect if I am actually working with the "MK20DX256xxx7" but configuring everything as "MK20DX256xxx10"?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

as I know, MK20DX256xxx7 is different silicon then MK20DX256xxx10. The features are similar, but there might be differences - clock frequency for sure. Sorry, I do not know any other details.

Regards, Marek

0 Kudos