cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eclipse Mercurial Plugin doesn't work in Kinetis Design Studio v3.2

JulianS
Contributor II

Hi all,

I am trying to work with a mercurial repository in Kinetis Design Studio v3.2, the same way I am using it in other eclipse based development environments.

The install of the eclipse plugin "MercurialEclipse" (Provider MericurialEclipse project) succeeded the same way as observed in other eclipse based development environments. In the Installation Details of KDS, I can see that the Mercurial plugin is installed:

pastedImage_1.png

My problem therefore does not concern the install itself but the plugin behaviour in KDS.

Sadly I am not able to open any kind of Mercurial view via Window->Show View->Other...

because the Mercurial views are not available in this selection:

pastedImage_2.png

Furthermore the possibility to use mercurial via "Open Perspective" doesn't work, because the slection for mercurial is missing here as well:

pastedImage_3.png

As you can see, in the Eclipse Preferences, Mercurial is also missing in the Team-folder:

pastedImage_1.png

I tried to reinstall the plugin multiple times and also tested the behaviour with a freshly installed kinets design studio on a windows vm, but the problem still persists.

Compared against an other eclipse based development environment (ARM DS-5), the described approach leads to the expected mercurial views as desired.

Did anyone face the same or a similar problem with KDS?

With kinds regards,

Julian

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

creinink
Contributor I

Sorry cant quite get to where you want to be, but....  I experience the similar issue with Mercurial plugin on 3.2 Kinetis.  When I right click on the project the menu bar has mostly blank entries (sometimes completely blank, sometimes some random ones are visible).  This i get when running Mercurial plugin as shown below.

I get this error when I tried to re-install the plugin over KDS V3.2:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
Software currently installed: MercurialEclipse 2.5.0.201804011616 (mercurialeclipse.feature.group 2.5.0.201804011616)
Missing requirement: MercurialEclipse 2.5.0.201804011616 (com.vectrace.MercurialEclipse 2.5.0.201804011616) requires 'bundle org.eclipse.ui.ide 3.12.0' but it could not be found
Cannot satisfy dependency:
From: MercurialEclipse 2.5.0.201804011616 (mercurialeclipse.feature.group 2.5.0.201804011616)
To: com.vectrace.MercurialEclipse [2.5.0.201804011616]

However I can run Mercurial plugin version 2.2.0.201610221041 on KDS 3.2 (my second machine)

So although cant assist in getting latest Mercurial to work with latest KDS, maybe consider downgrading the plugin, and manually installing older version of Mercurial plugin.  I did this (downgraded to Stable release 2.3....) and works fine on my primary machine.  Any higher version (2.4+ breaks)

0 Kudos