cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breakpoints not working

altatke
Contributor I

Hello, 

I'm currently working on a project with the MK10DX and an LPC-Link2 for debugging. Recently, I've realized that none of my breakpoints seem to be recognize when debugging. 

I tried a few things already like double checking the debug configuration, or that I did not disable every breakpoint, only having a single breakpoint, or running other projects and nothing seems to work. 

Has this been an issue for anyone before, or can anyone suggest what else to look into?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

altatke
Contributor I

Upping this topic to see if anyone has any additional suggestions on what to double check for this issue.

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

can you possibly share more what you see? For example the console log what the debug connection does, what the breakpoints view show, etc?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

altatke
Contributor I

There is no checkmark, just the blue button. These screens would hopefully help:

altatke_0-1643901145992.png

altatke_1-1643901159485.png

Console view does not give me anything explicit regarding these besides a few warnings linked to syntax. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

And the code has not been removed (dead-stripped) by the linker?

Can you check the linker map file if the functions where you set the breakpoints really exist.

0 Kudos

altatke
Contributor I

The functions seem to all run as intended. I can step through each of them while running as well, but the breakpoint issue still persists.

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Does the breakpoint have the blue 'checkmark' set when you set the breakpoint?

What does the breakpoint view say/show?

And: any useful information in the console view, maybe showing the reason why it failed to set the breakpoint?

0 Kudos