freemaster

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

freemaster

fengba_360
Contributor III

want to use Freemaster to monitor and calibrate variables on the S32K144 via CAN, but I'm having trouble effectively configuring the CAN connection in Freemaster (see the illustration). Can you tell me how to solve this problem? Or is there a configuration manual or user guide available?微信图片_20240818192810.png微信图片_20240817144316.png

0 Kudos
7 Replies

iulian_stan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @fengba_360 ,

It seems that the corresponding CAN probe driver is either not detected or is not compatible with FreeMASTER.

What CAN adapter are you using ?

Please note that CAN adapter software (driver) should be installed separately of FreeMASTER. 

0 Kudos

fengba_360
Contributor III
I am using ZLG CAN card, and freemaster is installed independently. The CAN card driver is also installed independently.
0 Kudos

iulian_stan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Could you check the following post.

If it does not help, please provide more info about your setup:

• CAN probe model
  • ZLG driver version
0 Kudos

fengba_360
Contributor III

I reinstalled the ZLG CAN driver, and now FreeMASTER can recognize it, but it reports the error shown in the image. Can you tell me how to deal with it?

微信图片_20240820154427.png

0 Kudos

iulian_stan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In most cases this error code means that FreeMASTER (desktop tool) did not receive a reply from the target board.

You would need to check whether CAN interface and FreeMASTER Driver are properly configured.

If you are using SDK to configure the CAN, you may need to disable transmission abort mechanism (see this thread for more info). 

0 Kudos

fengba_360
Contributor III
Where can I download the FreeMASTER Driver? Could you please provide me with a link?
thanks
0 Kudos

iulian_stan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It's available on FreeMASTER's home page in downloads section. Here's a direct link.

Capture.PNG

If you are using S32 Design Studio, it is already included in S32K1xx development package - you can find it in `C:\NXP\S32DS.3.5\S32DS\software\FreeMASTER_Serial_Communication_Driver_V2_0`.

I would also recommend checking the following post - it explains UART configuration, but the same flow applies in case of CAN communication.

0 Kudos