Two questions: (1) License for distribution (2) FreeMaster Lite only Installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two questions: (1) License for distribution (2) FreeMaster Lite only Installation

Jump to solution
lee_chen
Contributor I

Hello,

I have two questions:

(1) Does the FreeMaster and FreeMasterLite license allow distributing the software to my customers with my products for customer to configure the devices?

(2) Is there a way to only install FreeMaster Lite? Or How do I provide only the FreeMaster Lite (without FreeMaster) since we only need the FreeMaster Lite for configuring the device?

Thanks a lot.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
iulian_stan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi lee.chen@raynen.com‌,

(1) - No. As stated in the License Agreement, FreeMASTER cannot be redistributed:

3.2.         The Licensed Software is licensed to you, not sold. Title to Licensed Software delivered hereunder remains vested in NXP or NXP's licensor and cannot be assigned or transferred. You are expressly forbidden from selling or otherwise distributing the Licensed Software, or any portion thereof, except as expressly permitted herein. This Agreement does not grant to you any implied rights under any NXP or third party Intellectual Property Rights.

Each end-user needs to get his own copy of the product from NXP. The best way to redistribute FreeMASTER is by passing a link to nxp.com/freemaster.

(2) - No. Both FreeMASTER & FreeMASTER Lite are provided as a single package, and it’s up to end-users which component they want to install / use.

Kind regards,

Iulian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
iulian_stan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi lee.chen@raynen.com‌,

(1) - No. As stated in the License Agreement, FreeMASTER cannot be redistributed:

3.2.         The Licensed Software is licensed to you, not sold. Title to Licensed Software delivered hereunder remains vested in NXP or NXP's licensor and cannot be assigned or transferred. You are expressly forbidden from selling or otherwise distributing the Licensed Software, or any portion thereof, except as expressly permitted herein. This Agreement does not grant to you any implied rights under any NXP or third party Intellectual Property Rights.

Each end-user needs to get his own copy of the product from NXP. The best way to redistribute FreeMASTER is by passing a link to nxp.com/freemaster.

(2) - No. Both FreeMASTER & FreeMASTER Lite are provided as a single package, and it’s up to end-users which component they want to install / use.

Kind regards,

Iulian

0 Kudos