Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S12ZVM High Current Evaluation Board conntection Problem to Freemaster

Jump to solution
Stefan_9811
Contributor II

Hi everybody,

I purchased a "S12ZVM High Current Evaluation Board" and try to use it with the Model based design toolbox (MBDT). When i try to run the provided examples and also use the FreeMASTER tool I always get the error in the FreeMASTER connection wizard: "No board detecten on any of specified UART communication ports"

Does anybody know how I can solve the problem? 

Kind regards 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Stefan_9811
Contributor II

Hi stefanvlad,

thanks for your reply. Already solved the problem. My issue was, that i configured the wrong FreeMASTER stetup in the configuration block. 

FYI you can find the correct configuration for my case attached.

Kind regards and thanks for your help,

Stefan

Stefan_9811_0-1669098052822.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
stefanvlad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stefan,

I will first recommend you install latest FreeMaster 3.2 from https://www.nxp.com/design/software/development-software/freemaster-run-time-debugging-tool:FREEMAST...

Then open the *.pmp project in FreeMaster 3.2 and then go to Project -> Options:

stefanvlad_0-1669037398128.png

Here select your appropriate COM port and speed usually is 115200. 

You should see COM port number for OpenSDA - CDC Serial in Windows Device manager:

stefanvlad_1-1669037504539.png

After all this is sorted, click on the FreeMaster -> File -> Start Communication.

PS: before doing all of this, you need to open the model in Matlab and build it. this will create the needed variables for FreeMaster.

0 Kudos
Stefan_9811
Contributor II

Hi stefanvlad,

thanks for your reply. Already solved the problem. My issue was, that i configured the wrong FreeMASTER stetup in the configuration block. 

FYI you can find the correct configuration for my case attached.

Kind regards and thanks for your help,

Stefan

Stefan_9811_0-1669098052822.png

0 Kudos