cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCAN Driver for Freemaster

Bohrfutter
Contributor III

Hello

I want to share my DLL to use PEAK CAN2USB adapter with Freemaster CAN Plugin. You have to store the attached files under \FreeMASTER 2.0\plugins\can. Now you can select the ZLG device and select ControlPCAN.dll. If things are working you should have a ZLG 3.0 device which is the PCAN USB2CAN adapter.

Update: Removed the attachment - PCAN support will be part of the next Freemaster release.

Have fun

Sebastian

0 Kudos
4 Replies

MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Dear Sebastian,

thank you for sharing this experience, we are going to add official PCAN support to the next release. For now, please remove the attachments from your post as it is not clear what license is used and if you are permitted to make the files available openly. 

Thank you,

Michal

0 Kudos

Bohrfutter
Contributor III

Hello Michal,

is there already a planed release date?

The PCanBasic.dll can be shared ( PEAK-System Forum • View topic - PCAN License coverage for opening Open source ) and I wrote the ControlPCAN.dll - anyway I removed the two files for not having any legal problems. If it is helping I can share the source code of the ControlPCAN.dll so implementation of PCAN maybe less painful...

Cheers

Sebastian

0 Kudos

MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

I'm sorry the next release is not yet planned.

0 Kudos

MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

OK, I did not know that the ControlPCAN.dll is your work. Good job! But anyway, we should not need this library as the CAN plug-in will interface to PCanBasic.dll directly. Thanks again.

0 Kudos