cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Array Viewer

Jump to solution
lucabarbiero
Contributor IV

Hi, I am trying to use the Array Viewer feature, to read a 2MB of external RAM interpreted as follows:

__attribute__ ((section (".ram_ext"))) FMSTR_U8 fmstrapp_arrayview_buffer[2000000];

So I created an Array Viewer with fmstrapp_arrayview_buffer[0] as a variable, and then I set the length of the array to 2000000.

But something is going wrong. In the code I set all array elements to 255 (and I can confirm they are set from the debugger, as well as from the freemaster watch window). But the Array Viewer will only catch the first 2% of the values. The rest is just zeros:

lucabarbiero_0-1661341578274.png

Same issue if I try with a 200 KB array in internal RAM, and regardless of the communication channel (tested with TCP and PDBDM)

Any idea?

Luca

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello Luca,

this issue is now fixed in version 3.2.1.

Regards,
Michal

View solution in original post

4 Replies
lucabarbiero
Contributor IV

Hi Michal, were you able to fix this, and do you know when you will release the next freemaster version?

Regards,

Luca

0 Kudos
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello Luca,

this issue is now fixed in version 3.2.1.

Regards,
Michal

MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Dear Luca,

yes the issue is now fixed and will be part of the November release. If you are willing to test the patch, please reach out to me directly at michal.hanak@nxp.com.

Regards,
Michal

MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello Luca,

issue confirmed. The ArrayViewer will only read up to 64kB. Larger sizes will cause premature stop and zero-fill of the rest of the buffer.

We will focus to get it fixed asap.

Thanks for a good catch (as usual),
Michal