cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HVBMS_StartUp_FreeMASTER.elf

wim_vandersteeg
Contributor II

Hi

Hope you are doing well. Just emailing you both so it would be great if anyone of you can help me with this.

I have started playing around with the RD-HVBMSCTBUN and I have a couple of questions about the Freemaster GUI. I am trying to verify with the Freemaster GUI if the hardware/connections is/are okay and if the demo program works well. On the HVBMS | Reference Design Bundle (RD-HVBMSCTBUN) | NXP Semiconductors, NXP provides the HVBMS Start-up Interface. All steps out of the user guides are followed. Section 4.3 of the User Guide asks to verify if the HVBMS_StartUp_FreeMASTER.elf is selected in Freemaster. This elf file, or map cannot be found in the startup interface package. The text/file location field is blank and therefore the program doesn't run. The board is detected successfully though. Please can you provide the necessary .elf file or tell me how to proceed?

Secondly, where to find the "HVBMS Software Installation Guide".

Thanks and kind regards,

Wim

0 Kudos
2 Replies

wim_vandersteeg
Contributor II

Hi Ivan,

Would it be an idea to open the "HVBMS - RD Bring-Up Example" in S32DS, compile it to get an elf file and use the same in Freemaster?

Regards,

Wim

0 Kudos

ivanlovas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Dear Wim,

If you already registered your BMS kit and you have NDA, the software installation guide should be available as secure file at HVBMS Bubdle Doccumentation webpage.

ivanlovas_0-1676278953404.png

The latest BMU firmware using FreeMASTER TSA feature, which doesn’t require .elf file to communicate with GUI. We are working on quick start guide update.

However if you have older kit I recommend you to upgrade firmware to latest. If you registered your kit, you can find latest FW in your software account (Software Licensing and Support -> Software accounts -> Automotive SW - HV-BMS Reference Kit Software -> HVBMS - RD Bring-Up Example)

ivanlovas_1-1676278953413.png

Best Regards

Ivan

0 Kudos