Freemaster (wct1012.pmp) Error Code: 0x80000100 & Error Message: Can not force background mode

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freemaster (wct1012.pmp) Error Code: 0x80000100 & Error Message: Can not force background mode

jonathanw108
Contributor I

Howdy,

Initial Background Information:

• I am using the P&E Multilink FX debugger and the older 2016 evaluation board WCT-15W1COILTX (MPA4), (I ordered the newer 2019 WCT-15W1CFFPD eval board back in August from Mouser but it is yet to be shipped). I am able to successfully debug and flash to the MWCT1011 chip that is on the evaluation board in CodeWarrior via the wct1012demo. I am using FreeMASTER 3.1 in Administrator mode with the folder WCT1012_15W1COILTX_V3.0 that contains the wct1012.pmp file. I am using Windows 10 and the drivers are up to date as far as I can tell.

Goal:

• I want to use the GUI to update and calibrate the various parameters.

Current Problem:

1. I am unable to communicate with the board using the GUI. When I hit GO to communicate the Update Firmware for P&E Interface begins once complete I get an error message; Can not detect the board information! The communication will be paused. Error code: 0x80000100 (Serial port write error.) I then use the connection wizard and select; Connect through debugger probe, USB Multilink, Direct Access to target microcontroller memory, Plugin configuration, Test connection. Then it opens the Update Firmware for P&E Interface again.
  2. I then get the second error message; Can not open BDM port. Port descriptor: USB1: Multilink FX Rev C (PEMCDFE0A). Error message: Can not force background mode. 

How do I resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

yangjiezhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi jonathan,

Thanks for your question.

I would like to know 

1.  "I am able to successfully debug and flash to the MWCT1011 chip that is on the evaluation board in CodeWarrior via the wct1012demo" Are you sure that you download into chip MWCT1011 using wct1012 demo?

2. If the software setting in demo code is SCI as A below, then you should SCI too in the freemaster as B below.

A:    #define FMSTR_USE_SCI 1 /* To select SCI communication interface */

B: in freemaster pmp file, select  Project-> Options->Comm->RS232(Port: COM_ALL) for SCI interface

3.After you download the firmware into the right chip, you can press resume(green button) in code warrior, you should wait some time for the system to do calibration for the board before putting a phone on it. After that when you confirm the board works well, you can connect the Freemaster.

Best

Mark

0 Kudos