cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freemaster error when calibrating MWCT1000

WO1
Contributor II

Hi,

I have a board running an MWCT1000DS wireless power chip, and I'm trying to calibrate it using Freemaster V3.2 as described in the document "WCT1000 A11 Reference Design Calibration User’s Guide. WCT1000CALUG". When I get to input current calibration section and I click on the Read button to get the current reading, Freemaster displays the first reading and then it gives me an error symbol saying "board is not responding, timeout error: 2.1s" and keeps showing that error afterwards when I send any other command. The only way to fix it after that is to close Freemaster and launch it again.

Note that all other commands in the other tabs work fine up until I run the calibration.

Freemaster_error.png

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

WO1
Contributor II

The board is running fine and the coil is operational, and it does sense changes in the elf file. I was able to get around the error by clicking on refresh button which removes the error message, and I managed to calibrate the board.

Thanks

0 Kudos

JanHorak
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Depend on information higher and picture i will recommend tew steps.

Freemaster project required to use same elf file which was upload into chip before. Do you see some request for reupload new ELF file after you change code in MWCT chip? If not please check if elf file which is use in project option is correct one. 

nxf35869_0-1659942643698.png

If previous step is correct then i will double check if measure value is correct. From variable table we can see input voltage is show very low value which could during calibration break code and block other function.

nxf35869_1-1659942759461.png

Thanks,

Jan

Jan Horak
0 Kudos

MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello,

I will ask my colleagues from the wireless power team to try to replicate the issue locally. I can only comment for a generic FreeMASTER behavior: it is indeed strange that you need to restart the FreeMASTER to get the communication working again. Can you please try few other experiments when the issue occurs:

1. Reset the board. - if this helps, the problem is in the board firmware.
  2. Stop the communication with the red toolbar button (or Ctrl+K) and then start it again.

If you use a USB-to-Serial cable to connect, it might happen that Windows reset the USB bus and cable asynchronously, which causes a cable baudrate to reset without letting FreeMASTER know. Re-starting the communication should help in such cases - which would also be a confirmation that it is this kind of issue.

Thanks,
Michal

0 Kudos

WO1
Contributor II

I was able to get around it by clicking on refresh button which removes the error message, and then I read another value and click on refresh again an so on.

0 Kudos