Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freemaster: Stopped, waiting for acknowledgement

Jump to solution
Sam_ECU
Contributor IV

Hello @MichalH

As discussed in the post below, when using the recorder in Freemaster I receive the message "Stopped, waiting for acknowledgement" once the measurement is finished.  I then don't get any results.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/FreeMASTER/FreeMASTER-3-0-Problem-with-the-Recorder/m-p/1447668#M971

Sam_ECU_1-1650626801088.png

I'm working with the MCU below:

Sam_ECU_0-1650626754627.png

I'm using the latest version of Freemaster:

Sam_ECU_2-1650626856679.png

How can I resolve the issue?

Thanks for the help,

Sam

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello Sam,

In general, a similar recorder behavior can be seen when FMSTR_Recorder() is not called periodically by the MCU application - so its state machine is not running. 

I see that you use the Matlab Model-based design toolbox. I'm not an expert here, but I think the "Recorder Call" should be put in a block which is triggered periodically, e.g. by an interrupt. You can check the generated C code to see how is the FMSTR_Recorder() called.

I also recommend to refer to a MBDT Motor Control demo which makes use of an interrupt-driven recorder. If you need a further help, I will ask someone from MBDT team to step in. 

Regards,
Michal

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello Sam,

In general, a similar recorder behavior can be seen when FMSTR_Recorder() is not called periodically by the MCU application - so its state machine is not running. 

I see that you use the Matlab Model-based design toolbox. I'm not an expert here, but I think the "Recorder Call" should be put in a block which is triggered periodically, e.g. by an interrupt. You can check the generated C code to see how is the FMSTR_Recorder() called.

I also recommend to refer to a MBDT Motor Control demo which makes use of an interrupt-driven recorder. If you need a further help, I will ask someone from MBDT team to step in. 

Regards,
Michal

0 Kudos
Sam_ECU
Contributor IV

Hello Michal,

I had it located within an atomic system, that appears to have been the issue.

Thanks,

Sam

0 Kudos
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

OK, thanks for info. Please mark the answer above as 'correct' to close this thread.

Thank you,
Michal

0 Kudos