Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freemaster 3.2 Deskop Application Crashes when launched

Jump to solution
lucabarbiero
Contributor IV

Hi,

Today my Freemaster 3.2 doesn't want to work.. It crashes silently every time I launch it (also tried to launch from command line, in case there would be some error message there but nothing).

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall latest version from the website, problem persists.

I have used it a million times until two days ago. What could be wrong in my laptop that I should check?

Regards

Luca

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello Luca,

the issue should now be fixed. Please update to 3.2.2.2 available at www.nxp.com/freemaster

Please close this thread if you test the hotfix successfully.

Thanks,
Michal

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
lucabarbiero
Contributor IV

Hi @MichalH

Problem solved. Thanks!

0 Kudos
lucabarbiero
Contributor IV

Thank you @MichalH and sorry for asking duplicate questions. I did check for similar topics but maybe too briefly.

Regards,

Luca

0 Kudos
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello Luca,

the issue should now be fixed. Please update to 3.2.2.2 available at www.nxp.com/freemaster

Please close this thread if you test the hotfix successfully.

Thanks,
Michal

0 Kudos
lucabarbiero
Contributor IV

If I double click in Windows on a freemaster project, the application starts correctly actually. Then it crashes again if from the application I create a new project.

0 Kudos
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello Luca, 

yes as discussed in other two posts in this forum, the FreeMASTER Edge browser component crashes after a recent Windows/Edge update deployed by Microsoft. This issue affects all FreeMASTER 3.2.x versions with Edge support.

As Edge is the default component used to render the Welcome page, the FreeMASTER crashes as soon as you run it. When you run FreeMASTER by opening a project which uses IE or CEF engine to render HTML, then the FreeMASTER works normally (until you do File/New).

Another workaround is to rename the "c:\NXP\FreeMASTER 3.2\FreeMASTER\html"  to html.bak to prevent the Welcome page to load. But still using Edge engine to render project-specific content may have issues.

We have identified the root cause of the issue and we are now working on hotfix release. This should be out during the next week - early Sep/2023.

Thanks for staying with us,
Michal

diniz
Contributor I

Hello,

We are experiencing the same issue

Freemaster last downloadable version on Win10 with last updates

HTML directory rename workaround does not work

Trying to open freemaster through a projet does not work either.

Are there other any fixes to test?

0 Kudos
lucabarbiero
Contributor IV
Are you sure that you are using the latest 3.2.2.2 version from the website? That should solve the problem. It did for me on Windows 10 of course.
0 Kudos
diniz
Contributor I

Yes i'm sure.

You can see on the picture attached.

A problem with a "libcef.dll"

0 Kudos
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Dear Denis,

this seems to be a different issue than the Edge browser issue we were fixing in 3.2.2.2. Maybe partly related as the Edge internally uses Chromium engine, but we need to investigate.

Please open a new thread on this community and describe again. Also state if the issue can be replicated on multiple computers and/or if any computer exists which is not affected. 

Thank you!
Michal

0 Kudos