Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeMaster For FlexRay

Jump to solution
Deepak1
Contributor IV

Hi,

Can I use FreeMaster to monitor FlexRay Transmitted frames from a node ?

If yes which document i can refer to use FreeMaster.

I am using DEVKIT-MPC5748G development board

1 Solution
iulian_stan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

No, FreeMASTER cannot monitor raw signals.

Short clarification: FreeMASTER has a functionality called "oscilloscope" (to not be confused with signal processing device). It provides the capability to plot one or multiple embedded application variables on a chart widget similar to how signal data is visualized on an actual oscilloscope display.

Regards,

Iulian  

View solution in original post

3 Replies
iulian_stan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Deepak‌,

FreeMASTER won't help much with such tasks as communication bus analysis/sniffing. It's main purpose is to monitor and control your embedded application variables. You could still be able to get some data going through FlexRay by copying the frames into a variable and display it in FreeMASTER UI, but that does not guarantee you the same accuracy as a dedicated analyser, because FreeMASTER may not read data from the target at the same rate, at which dataframes come from FlexRay.

An example of a task that would be a better fit for FreeMASTER is to monitor communication statistics (ex: number of frames send/received), but it would still require a piece a piece of logic, that gathers those statistics and stores them, implemented in the embedded application.

Regards,

Iulian

0 Kudos
Deepak1
Contributor IV

Hi Iulian,

Can I use FreeMaster as like oscilloscope to monitor the flexray tx and rx frames signals. If yes then, it is possible to decode the signals.

0 Kudos
iulian_stan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

No, FreeMASTER cannot monitor raw signals.

Short clarification: FreeMASTER has a functionality called "oscilloscope" (to not be confused with signal processing device). It provides the capability to plot one or multiple embedded application variables on a chart widget similar to how signal data is visualized on an actual oscilloscope display.

Regards,

Iulian