cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The 56837xx DSP

Jump to solution
salem1
Contributor I

I'm searching for the datasheet of 56837xx core. Can you help me ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
salem1
Contributor I

I found this paragraph in chatGPT: 

The main difference between the MC56F837xx DSP and the 56837xx DSP is their main functionality: the MC56F837xx is a high performance DSP designed for signal processing applications, while the 56837xx is a microcontroller designed for industrial applications, control systems engine, communication systems and on-board systems.

The MC56F837xx uses a 32-bit digital signal processor (DSC) based on the V1 ColdFire+ architecture to deliver high performance in terms of processing speed and power consumption. It is equipped with high-capacity flash memory, advanced communication peripherals, digital I/O, analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog converters, and safety components for industrial, medical, automotive, and automotive applications. communications.

The 56837xx DSP uses the ColdFire V1 architecture, which includes DSP instructions to accelerate common mathematical operations used in signal processing applications, such as filters and Fourier transforms. It is equipped with flash and SRAM memory, communication peripherals, digital inputs/outputs and analog-to-digital converters for conversion

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

all the MC56F81xxx, MC56F82xxx, MC56F83xxx, MC56F84xxx use the same core DSP56800EX core. In detail, the MC56F837xx uses the DSP56800EX core.

Pls download the reference manual of DSP56800EX core from the link:

https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/additional-mpu-mcus-architectures/digit...

DSP56800E and DSP56800EX - Reference Manual

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos
Lorenzo_Mch_IT
Contributor IV

Maybe what you are really looking for is 56F837xx
(see the documentation in the link above for datasheets, reference manuals, etc.)

0 Kudos
salem1
Contributor I

I found this paragraph in chatGPT: 

The main difference between the MC56F837xx DSP and the 56837xx DSP is their main functionality: the MC56F837xx is a high performance DSP designed for signal processing applications, while the 56837xx is a microcontroller designed for industrial applications, control systems engine, communication systems and on-board systems.

The MC56F837xx uses a 32-bit digital signal processor (DSC) based on the V1 ColdFire+ architecture to deliver high performance in terms of processing speed and power consumption. It is equipped with high-capacity flash memory, advanced communication peripherals, digital I/O, analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog converters, and safety components for industrial, medical, automotive, and automotive applications. communications.

The 56837xx DSP uses the ColdFire V1 architecture, which includes DSP instructions to accelerate common mathematical operations used in signal processing applications, such as filters and Fourier transforms. It is equipped with flash and SRAM memory, communication peripherals, digital inputs/outputs and analog-to-digital converters for conversion

0 Kudos
fatimahanna
Contributor I

Do you find it useful when using ChatGPT? I have used it and it is very useful to me.

0 Kudos
Lorenzo_Mch_IT
Contributor IV

That paragraph generated by chatGPT is factually wrong.

chatGPT is NOT a reliable source, ESPECIALLY when it generates answer to inputs it has no canned correct responses.

Products based on Coldfire architecture use a totally different naming convention and both DSC and DSP devices of the 56-something groups do NOT use Coldfire; for example the 56F8xxxx use Hawk v1,v2,v3 (a.k.a 56800,56800E,56800EX) cores.

0 Kudos