Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status of CodeWarrior for 56800 Digital Signal Controller v11.2

Jump to solution
Lorenzo_Mch_IT
Contributor IV

Hello,

I've noticed a new Codewarrior for MCU release identified as CodeWarrior for 56800 Digital Signal Controller v11.2 .
I downloaded and tested it a bit, it seems like that compared to Codewarrior for MCU v11.1 the main difference is support for the MC56F80xxx DSCs (those with the new 56800EF core with floating point, CORDIC and hardware divider units), for the rest nothing else is changed except maybe bug fixes (Eclipse is still the old Juno 4.2.x release from 2012, CDT is still the same old 8.1.1, etc. etc.).

The current v11.2 download is described as an "eval version", is it sort of preview with 56800EF support or is it already stable enough to be a replacement for the old v11.1 ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Regarding the "eval version" of CodeWarrior for MCU ver11.2, I suppose it is an official and stable version of CodeWarrior for MCU  tools, which is updated for supporting the 56F800EF core.

For business, for DSC family only, the tools is free of charge, so it is called "eval version".

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Regarding the "eval version" of CodeWarrior for MCU ver11.2, I suppose it is an official and stable version of CodeWarrior for MCU  tools, which is updated for supporting the 56F800EF core.

For business, for DSC family only, the tools is free of charge, so it is called "eval version".

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos
Lorenzo_Mch_IT
Contributor IV

Thank You, I was a bit confused by how 11.2 was described.
Especially in the main product page 
https://www.nxp.com/design/software/development-software/codewarrior-development-tools/codewarrior-l...
the text just says:

Supported Devices

• MC56F80xxx: DSCs with Integrated FPU and Trigonometric Math Engine with OPAMP and Quadrature Decoder

But after installation, it shows support for all the 56800EX/EF DSC products.

0 Kudos