Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCS: USB OPEN FAILURE

Jump to solution
ellenlin
Contributor III

Dear NXP ,

Now I am using Code Warrior v8.3 to Download MC56F8037 DSC Solution ( Virtual XP Mode )

Debug Tool : PE-Micro uMultilink

NXP IDE : Code Warrior v8.3

Windows :

Virtual XP Mode by AN3936 :How to install and run Classic CodeWarrior products on 64-bit Windows 7 PC 

Result :CCS : USB Open Failure as Following Picture .

USB Multilink how to install on this Environment ? or any other can solve this ? thanks a lot !!

BTW .

If i use win7-32bit PC with CW v8.3 ( Not Virtual XP Mode ) Sill this happen , how to solve this ? Thanks a lot !!

Customer says that they can't accept Porting Classic FW to new IDE ( Like CW11.0 ) , Because CheckSum can't different , the product has already MP , They need a good method to check same situation as before . 

Thanks a lot !!

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Q1: Is it ok to use CW8.3 with USBTAP " on Windows 7 no matter 32bit / 64 bit " ? 

>>>>>>Yes, it is okay to use CW8.3 with USBTAP " on Windows 7 no matter 32bit / 64 bit ".

Q2:If i want to use multilink , which version of IDE could support ? And if the CW is v5.9 , still use USBTAP ? 

>>>>>If you want to use multilink universal device, you have to use CodeWarrior for mcu version 10.x or above, the tools is based on Eclipse.

This is the link of CodeWarrior for mcu version 10.x or 11:

https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/additional-processors-and-mcus/8-16-bit... 

Hope it can help you

BR

Xiangjun Rong

View solution in original post

7 Replies
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Q1: Is it ok to use CW8.3 with USBTAP " on Windows 7 no matter 32bit / 64 bit " ? 

>>>>>>Yes, it is okay to use CW8.3 with USBTAP " on Windows 7 no matter 32bit / 64 bit ".

Q2:If i want to use multilink , which version of IDE could support ? And if the CW is v5.9 , still use USBTAP ? 

>>>>>If you want to use multilink universal device, you have to use CodeWarrior for mcu version 10.x or above, the tools is based on Eclipse.

This is the link of CodeWarrior for mcu version 10.x or 11:

https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/additional-processors-and-mcus/8-16-bit... 

Hope it can help you

BR

Xiangjun Rong

ellenlin
Contributor III

Dear xiangjun.rong 員工 , 

I has some customer use CW v5.x & 6.3  , They says that uMultilink is okay on this IDE version , 

so , v 8.x can't use multilink only , or any other can't use ? 

Thanks a lot !!

0 Kudos
ellenlin
Contributor III

Dear xiangjun.rong 員工

Thanks for your help !! I ' ll check with customer about this !!

Thanks a lot !! if any question i ' ll let you know ~

0 Kudos
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Lin,

I suggest you use USBTAP device, as you know that the CodeWarrior for DSP56800E ver8.3 does NOT support Mulltilink Universal device, it only supports USBTAP device, Wiggler.  Your problem is not relates with OS.

If you want to use Mulltilink Universal device, you have to use CodeWarrior for MCU ver10.x or 11, which is based on Eclipse.

Note that the OSBDM is NOT Mulltilink Universal, it is only integrated on TWR-8257 board.

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos
ellenlin
Contributor III

Dear xiangjun.rong 員工

How about J-Link Debug Tool ? The Same as USBTAP interface , could it support CW 8.3 ?

OR , which debug tool can support CW8.3 ,  Based on Customer can't change IDE ,

Thanks a lot !!

0 Kudos
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The J-Link Debug Tool does not support DSC. For MC56F8037 and CodeWarrior for DSP56800E ver8.3, you have to use USBTAP device, this is the link of USBTAP device.

USB TAP for ONCE DSC|NXP 

Hope it can help you

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos
ellenlin
Contributor III

Dear xiangjun.rong 員工

So Is it ok to use CW8.3 with USBTAP " on Windows 7 no matter 32bit / 64 bit " ? 

If i want to use multilink , which version of IDE could support ? And if the CW is v5.9 , still use USBTAP ? 

I am test now , thanks a lot !!!   

0 Kudos