56F84763: How to activate NVM special mode. Or how else can I change flash protection during runtime

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

56F84763: How to activate NVM special mode. Or how else can I change flash protection during runtime

sfe
Contributor II

Hello again,

currently I'm working on writing user data to flash, erasing it, reading it. All of that works fine.

The next step ist to protect the flash pages I use. This might not seem neccessary. But when using a 56F82xxx uC (without FlexNVM) the user data will lie behind the user applikation. And my bootloader is not supposed to erase the user data when he updates the firmware. And to avoid that in any case I want to protect the user data. Setting the protection in the FCF area works fine.

So, my actual question is: how can I change protection settings for program and/or data flash during runtime? The ref manual says it is only possible in NVM special mode. But it nowhere tells me  how to activate that mode. So how can I activate it? And is changing protection settings possible without the "special mode"?

Thanks and regards,

Sebastian

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

albert_zhou
Contributor III

I have the same issue with MKL27Z64VFM4 chip. I have to save calibration data from time to time. The NVM normal mode cannot protect the flash data. It is a big problem when you store the data unprotected. 

There should be other way to write and protect them like other EEPROM.

0 Kudos

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Sebastian

NVM Special mode is not a mode for the customer to use.

Please use the Normal Mode of the NVM.

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

0 Kudos