Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

56F837xx ref. design

Jump to solution
Ben
Senior Contributor I

Hello

Anyone can help me with ref. design for the 56f837xx chip? I want to see a sample code of using the sci with cw11. I am so used to old processor expert that I am a little lost without this feature. I want to see a sample which define sci buffers, and functions to use them. 

If the firmware source code of the 56F83000-evk is available, it might help too.

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

For the MC56F83xxx, the PE(processor expert) tools is no longer supported, but the SDK package is supported, the SDK package provides a lot of example of peripherals including sci, pls download SDK package from the link:

https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/welcome

BTW, the SDK package is run on CodeWarrior for MCU ver11.x, you have to use Multilink Universal device from PE to download/debug.

www.pemicro.com

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

For the MC56F83xxx, the PE(processor expert) tools is no longer supported, but the SDK package is supported, the SDK package provides a lot of example of peripherals including sci, pls download SDK package from the link:

https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/welcome

BTW, the SDK package is run on CodeWarrior for MCU ver11.x, you have to use Multilink Universal device from PE to download/debug.

www.pemicro.com

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos
Ben
Senior Contributor I

Thank you for the fast answer. generally, I am moving an old project firmware from 56F8367 to 56F83783. The demo programs in the SDK show each feature separately, but each written in a different way. It will help me to see the overall flow to understand activity with the xpresso fsl files instead of the PE files.

Therefore I think that if you can send me the firmware which installed on the 56f83000-evk board, it will help. Any additional tip how to make this transformation easy will be appreciated.

BR

Benn

0 Kudos
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

After you install SDK package, you can load an example as the following procedures:1,2,3,4

xiangjun_rong_0-1675934707249.png

Then you can click the Run->Debug Configuration,then as the following fig

xiangjun_rong_1-1675934899328.png

you can download application project to flash.

If you want to integrate several examples, you can drag the corresponding driver(*.c)  and header file(*.h) from SDK package directory to the driver location(location 3 in the first fig) , then you can add the driver code in main().

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos