M52223EVB Relaxation Oscillator

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M52223EVB Relaxation Oscillator

soccermike
Contributor I
Using the M52223EVB board, I'm trying to use the on-board relaxation oscillator.  When I configure the jumpers, it appears that my on-board oscillator is running at 14MHz.  Additionally, the Coldwarrior Debugger can't modify the ROCR bits TRIM[9:0].  Since the trim is close to the nominal frequency and all the values read back as 0%, this may be the source of the value.  How do I change he ROCR bits?

I also found that CLKSRC functionality doesn't exactly match Figure 5-1. Clock Module Block Diagram.
The diagram shows both the Reference Clock and the PLL come after the Pre-Divider controlled with CCHR.  Instead, I found (and it makes sense) that the Reference Clock comes directly from the CLKMOD0 mux.

Lastly, this diagram should include how OSCSEL affects the clocks.

Thanks in Advance,

Mike
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

macl
Senior Contributor I
Hi Mike,
  If the on-board oscillator is 14MHz, then I suspect it is from a small batch of EVBs that went out with initial samples that didn't have the oscillator trimmed correctly.  I recommend returning the board to the distributor (or Freescale, if you bought it direct) and get a new one.  It is not possible to write to the trim bits.

On your recommendations for the clock module block diagram, I will forward your suggestions to the documentation team.  Thanks for the feedback. 

Mac
0 Kudos