DEMOJM jumpers for AN3748 Bootloader (MCF51JM128)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEMOJM jumpers for AN3748 Bootloader (MCF51JM128)

brianwilloughby
Contributor III

I am trying to get the AN3748 Bootloader running on the DEMOJM with the MCF51JM129 daughter board, but it's having trouble communicating via USB. I've seen the AN3748 Bootloader run on other MCF51JM128 platforms, so I know that I have CodeWarrior compiling correctly. I suspect that the various USB jumpers are not set correctly for the Bootloader configuration.

Can anyone suggest the correct jumper settings to run on the ColdFire Flexis DEMOJM?

If not, does anyone have suggested changes to the Bootloader source that would be necessary to get it running?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

sergeyivanov
Contributor I

Hello. And where can I download a disk image from DEMOJM (or from JMBADGE2008, EVB51JM128, DEMOFLEXISJMSD).

And also the files that are used in the manual AN3927?

coldfire51(dog)mail.ru

0 Kudos

david_diaz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Brian,

Please refer to the Jumper Setting, Chapter 8, from the following link:

http://www.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/user_guide/DEMOJMUM.pdf

Hope this information will be useful for you.

Have a great day. :smileyhappy:

David    

0 Kudos

brianwilloughby
Contributor III

Thanks, David. I'd already printed out that manual and made all of the USB Device jumper settings (as opposed to the USB Host or OTG settings). Unfortunately, the AN3748 Bootloader doesn't run. My USB analyzer shows that it's not responding to everything.

Since it seems like I have the correct jumpers according to the manual, can anyone confirm whether or not the AN3748 Bootloader runs on the DEMOJM board with the USB Device jumper settings?

0 Kudos

david_diaz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Brian,

Indeed, using the default jumper settings from the document mentioned above, the bootloader runs on the MCF51JM128 daughter board.

Please try creating a new CodeWarrior project, using the documentation from the AN3748:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/app_note/AN3748.pdf

Chapter 3 explains how to create a new MCF51JM128 project which supports the USB bootloader.

Please note that you need to download project JM128_BootLoader_Framework instead JM128_Boot_Lib in order to add the source files.

Hope this information will be useful for you.

David :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos