Avoid the calibration screen on each tensioning?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoid the calibration screen on each tensioning?

yassineouamer
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm working on my school project using eGui. Everything is working fine right now. But i have a small issue, i don't know if there any possibility to avoid the calibration screen on each tensioning ? it's a little bit annoying.

I use the MCF51JM128 for this project.

best regards and thank you

Yassine

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Gargy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

to save the calibration data and avoid the calibration screen call on each start of application is needed any NVM storage place (it depends on application - Flash, SPI/IIC EEPROM, SD card etc) and then used the prepared API in eGUI.

In simply after start up check if the calibration data are ready in application storage place, if yes just push it into eGUI. If not then force to call off calibration screen and after calibration screen finish just take calibration data from eGUI and store it on application storage place.

Tip: keep in application any back door to be able to erase calibration data by any other way then touch screen is - due to possible corrupted calibration data (or bad) to avoid no chance of correct control application by touch.

Code example:

// The calibration data are stored in memory that is backuped by battery (Kinetis VBAT memory)

#define my_tchscrCalib (*((D4D_TOUCHSCREEN_CALIB*)&RFVBAT_REG0))

if(my_tchscrCalib.ScreenCalibrated)

{

D4D_SetTouchScreenCalibration(my_tchscrCalib);

_time_delay(100);

}

else

{

D4D_CalibrateTouchScreen();

my_tchscrCalib = D4D_GetTouchScreenCalibration();

}

Petr