cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

freescale eGUI compatability

shany
Contributor II

Hello,

I want to use freescale eGUI on one of two mcu options - mcf51AC256A/B or mcf51EM256.

Are both of them supported by the eGUI?

Is one better than the other for this purpose?

Thanks,

Shany

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Gargy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

the biggest advantage for eGUI on CV1 is FlexBus, and as I know neither of these has it. So it doesn't matter what you choose.

0 Kudos

ttu
Contributor I

Hi Petr,

I am using eGUI with the Kinetis K60. Does eGUI support video?

Under eGUI, what is the simpliest way to cycling through a set of images within a predefined amount of time? Assuming the images are stored off-the chip (inside external memory for example)

thanks

thant 

0 Kudos

Gargy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI,

the eGUI isn't designed to show video. It's targeted to industrial and customer control applications.

And if you want to do animation, the ideal widget is D4D_ICON. It includes automatic mode of changing bitmaps and also you can set the speed of changing.

0 Kudos

ttu
Contributor I

Hi Petr,

Thank you so much for your advice.

One question about the new eGUI version 2.24. I am using K60 tower with the TWR-LCD development kit.

When an image (stored inside a SD card) is displayed, it is displayed partially one section a time; I can actually see that the image is slowly rolling from the bottom to the top.

Is there a setting in the code where you can make a whole image displayed simultaneously so you don't see the scrolling artifact?

thanks

thantu

0 Kudos

Gargy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

the speed depends on whole application, not just only on eGUI. eGUI simultaneously draw all screen at once (in one run of D4D_Poll() ).

So the diffrence could make any operation system that interrupts eGUI task or used a lot of interrups in your application.

And the reason why the BMP file is drawed from bottom to top? This is just way how to picture is stored in BMP file type.

Gargy

0 Kudos