cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Button to program target grayed out

Jump to solution
jrmymllr
Contributor I

Using CW 10.1 on Win7 for MCF52259 eval board (M52259EVB).  However, I'm using P&E Multilink programmer rather than using the eval board's USB port. 

It was working for some time, but now the Execute button in Target Tasks is grayed out.  A task is set up to program, which was created using the Import button to the right of Execute.  MCF52259_INTFLASH.xml was the file imported.  Both LEDs are lit on the programmer, the Eval board is powered.  I've rebooted the computer.  I've tried recreating the task.  

How do I root cause this problem?  It seems I'm sort of dead in the water because there's nothing that gives me any information about what is working and what isn't.  A screenshot showing what I'm talking about is attached.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

you should have all launch configurations available. If you do not have them, you might have no launch configuration at all or all projects closed?

You can check your run/launch configuration using the menu Run > Debug Configurations.

Best regards,

BK

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

from your screenshot I see you are using 'active debug context' for your target task. That means it is configured an active debugging session (while running the debugger).

If you want to run it outside the debugger, then you need to change this.

For this use the context menu and select 'change run configuration'.

Hope this helps,

BK

0 Kudos
jrmymllr
Contributor I

I went to Change Run Configuration as suggested, but only Active Debug Context is available.  What would cause that?

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

you should have all launch configurations available. If you do not have them, you might have no launch configuration at all or all projects closed?

You can check your run/launch configuration using the menu Run > Debug Configurations.

Best regards,

BK

0 Kudos