cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The problem about downloading uboot in Codewarrior

敏赵
Contributor I

Hi,

We got a problem when we flash uboot to NOR Flash on our own board with P2020.

Shown as below: (Codewarrior 10.3.3, Windows7)

It stuck at this step and have no response.

12603_12603.jpgQQ图片20140619163540.jpg

12601_12601.jpgQQ图片20140619162325.jpg

We don't get this when we flash uboot to P2020RDB-PC.

What 's the possible reason of this problem?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Min Zhao

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

First of all, please check whether CodeWarrior could connect to your target successfully with your customized initialization file.

Please configure the initialization file from Run->Debug Configurations-><project>-core00_RAM_P2020_Download->Edit->Edit->Initialization->Initialize target.

Then connect to the target from Run->Debug Configuration-><project>-core00_RAM_P2020_Download->Debug.

If the connection fails, please kindly share your customized initialization file.

In addition, please use effective addresses in CodeWarrior IDE, the 36 bit address is not correct.

Have a great day,
Yiping Wang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

敏赵
Contributor I

I didn't use 36bit address. I only modify NOR's base address to fc000000, and modify the size of NOR to 64M, which include LAW, MMU,TLB

When I debug the file, it stuck in

cmdwin::reg e500 Special Purpose Registers/IAC1 = 0xfffffffc

cmdwin::reg e500 Special Purpose Registers/DBCR0 = 0x40800000

cmdwin::reg e500 Special Purpose Registers/DBCR1 = 0x00000000

cmdwin::eclipse::config runcontrolsync off

cmdwin::go

cmdwin::wait 50

cmdwin::eclipse::config runcontrolsync on

cmdwin::stop

As you suggested I try to use P2020RDB-PC_init_sram_flash.tcl, and modify the configurations. Then I flash uboot to NOR successfully.

Do you know what lead to this situation?

Best regards,

Min Zhao

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I think this problem is caused by DDR controller configuration, at last of the launch connection, CodeWarrior will download a program into DDR, the file P2020RDB-PC_init_core.tcl is used for the P2020RDB-PC demo board, if you use a new DDR on your target, you need to modify the DDR controller setup section in the initialization file to make it suitable for your target.

You could download and install QCS Tool to assist you.

You could enable CCS log in CodeWarrior to get connection details, the follow tells you how to enable ccs log.

Please enable CCS log from "Run->Debug Configurations-<project>-core0_RAM_<processor>-Connect(Download)->Edit...

->Advanced->Advanced CCS setting->Enable logging", and connect to the target from "Run->Debug Configurations-><project>-core0_RAM_<processor>-Connect(Download)->Debug”, the CCS log will be displayed in the console panel in CodeWarrior IDE.

If the CCS log in the console is truncated, please enlarge  the console buffer from Window->Preferences->Run/Debug->Console->uncheck "Limit console output".

Please open the console panel from Window->Show View->Console, and if nothing displayed, please choose the correct session on the right top icon in the panel.

Have a great day,
Yiping Wang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos