Reading memory of a T1042D4RDB (Memory Dumping?)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading memory of a T1042D4RDB (Memory Dumping?)

jason96
Contributor I

Hi,

I am working with a T1042D4RDB board and using a Codewarrior TAP probe. I'm still new to the Codewarrior development studio so I'm not completely sure of all the capabilities.

But essentially I'm trying to investigate how the JTAG port is a security hazard. To do this I just want to be able to actively read the memory with the probe and maybe even change memory values. But at the moment, all I know how to do is run a blank project, and add a memory monitor.

They description page for the TAP says "Offers complete system visibility and control, including reading/writing of CPU registers, memory mapped registers, block reading/writing of memories..." but I'm not sure how to go about this.

If I could create a memory dump that would be useful as well. With either the develop studio or maybe adding an option for it in the U-Boot start up menu?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

See the Section 11.3 (Hardware diagnostics) in the Targeting_PA_Processors.pdf file.

This utility supports memory read/write.

The other way if a simple project using the CoreNet platform cache (CPC) as a memory-mapped SRAM is created. Use the T1042RDB_init_sram.tcl configuration file.

Load and start this project and read memory from this project.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos