PBL will not generate with CRC Check as first PBI command

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PBL will not generate with CRC Check as first PBI command

brianross
Contributor I

When trying to generate the PBL component using using the QorIQ Configuration suite, I am attempting to insert a CRC check immediately following the RCW contents, but if I do so, generating the code will error out.  The error message is "Generator:  FAILURE:  Unexpected status of script:  Drivers\QorIQ\PBM_QorIQ.drv, please contact Freescale support."  If I place the CRC Check PBI command anywhere else, the code generates without error.  Has anyone experienced this problem and how can it be resolved?

Update 1:  It looks like if I were to change the GP_INFO field, I can find other values that will allow me to generate the PBL component with a CRC check immediately following the RCW contents and others not.  One example is if I set the GP_info field to 0x50534D31 along with the rest of my RCW parameters and it will give me an error.  If I were to change the GP_info field to 0x33707435, then the PBL generates just fine with the CRC check as the first added PBI command.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Brian Ross,

Which version QCVS tool are you using?

Which version processor are you using? PowerPC or ARMv8?

Would you please provide an example to show where and how you inserted a CRC check immediately following the RCW contents in the PBL project? Would you please provide a screenshot?

Thanks,

Yiping

0 Kudos

brianross
Contributor I

Thanks for the reply yipingwang‌.

Which version QCVS tool are you using?  I'm using QCVS 4.3.0.0001-20150714.

Which version processor are you using? PowerPC or ARMv8?  I am using a PowerPC T2080.

Would you please provide an example to show where and how you inserted a CRC check immediately following the RCW contents in the PBL project? Would you please provide a screenshot?  I am using the QorIQ Configuration and Validation suite GUI and click the (string list) field of the GUI to open up the PBI Data input window as shown in the screenshots below.

pastedImage_6.png

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Brian Ross,

Please download install the latest QCVS for PA 4.5, please login NXP Semiconductors | Automotive, Security, IoT , please click My NXP->Software Licensing and Support->Software accounts->NXP Software->QorIQ Configuration and Validation Enablement Suite->QCVS offline installation packages for CodeWarrior for Power Architectures Rev 4.5.

Thanks,

Yiping

0 Kudos