M52233DEMO + Codewarrior 7.1

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M52233DEMO + Codewarrior 7.1

Xarion
Contributor I
Hey guys, I am really battling getting this project going. I unforunately left the CDs that came with the demo board back home. So i have downloaded CW 7.1 and am trying to get something going on this dev. board. Everything compiles, but i am unable to debug or use the Flash Programmer. Cannot erase nor program nor blankcheck. The CFlasher app work tho (it requires a .bin or an .S19 file which i have no idea how to generate. CW only seems to generate an .elf file)

In the CW Flash Programmer if i choose blank check i get the following:

Flash Programmer plugin failed to load the flash utility driver. The magic number read from target memory after the image was loaded is incorrect. Please enable Verify Target Memory Writes in Target Configuration to check that the algorithm downloads correctly. If you are downloading the algorithm to DDR try checking your DDR configuration.

If i choose erase it gets stuck on initialising...., the log window gives me:
P&E:                test_for_freeze = False
P&E:            test_for_freeze 
P&E:    check_critical_error
P&E:                criticalError = 0x08
P&E:            check_critical_error 
P&E:    test_for_freeze
P&E:                test_for_freeze = False
P&E:            test_for_freeze 

When i click cancel i get "Error:  Getting flash ID failed "

What on earth am I missing? I see that the pc is talking to the BDM because the reset light flashes on the board  when i try do something.

HELP

thanx in advance

Xarion
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

vier_kuifjes
Senior Contributor I

Maybe you still have to install the P&E USB drivers? These can be downloaded from www.pemicro.com

0 Kudos

Black
Contributor I
In order to generate an S-Record file please make sure that Generate S-Record File option is checked in the ColdFire Linker panel of your project settings.

Please try the following procedure to determine if there are issues with your CodeWarrior/board/connection setup:
- connect the remote debugging probe cable between your computer and board (pin1 to pin1), then power on your board (see the board and debugger probe manuals for more details)
- create a new stationery project with the CodeWarrior for ColdFire New Project wizard for your board, then choose your processor and connection (for example P&E USB BDM Multilink)
- you can also specify your remote connection (debugger probe) after the project is created in project settings->Remote Debugging->Connection
- you can choose to not use for the beginning the Processor Expert tool, but using only the "Device initialization" instead
- click finish to create the stationery project
- build and debug the INTERNAL RAM target of this   project with "Verify Memory Writes" checked and board .cfg file selected in the CF Debugger Settings panel of this  project target
- verify if you can step over and run the main program instructions
- build the INTERNAL FLASH version of this project
- open flash programmer (Tools->Flash Programmer)
- load the board's flash programmer settings file, (Flash Programmer->Load settings, MCF52233_INTFLASH.xml) and choose "Use custom settings" option, then select your  remote  connection if it is different than the default one; also you can change the Flash Programmer settings that do not match with your board ones; however for the evaluation board the default settings should work
- consult the readme.txt (from the stationery project) and the board user manual for guidelines in using the stationery project and the right board switches position (usually the default switch  position  is recommended)
- erase the flash (Erase/Blank Check panel of the Flash Programmer) then Blank Check
- check the "Restrict Address Range" option from the Program/Verify panel to specify the flash range
- choose and Program the MCF52233_INTERNAL_FLASH.elf.S19 file from the project's "\bin" folder, then Verify (Program/Verify panel of the Flash Programmer)
- debug the INTERNAL FLASH target of the project after programming the flash 
0 Kudos

IoannisEng
Contributor I
This post from black is very helpful for beginners of M52233 demo.I try to program the board two weeks now.I just read the post and all works fine now.
0 Kudos

M_O_B_iL_
Contributor I
I tried to use CF Flasher 3.1 using the generated .S19-file (and M52233DEMO and BDM via USB). Erasing, programming and verifying went well but I couldn't run the program. What could be wrong?

If I use the built in flasher in CW 7.1 running the program works.

BTW I had problems erasing before but I think it worked now because I quit CW before starting CF Flasher.
0 Kudos

vier_kuifjes
Senior Contributor I
That's odd... I have NEVER used any of these CD's and have been able to program the demo board with CW versions 6.4, 7.0 and 7.1 just by using the software that's available on the web!
0 Kudos