Linux Kernel Multicore Debug

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux Kernel Multicore Debug

deans
Contributor I

I'm using CW for PA 10.3.3 to attach to a running Linux kernel, but only get Core 0. The target has 4 cores.

The target is a custom design & CW files have been added to support it, e.g., I have successfully brought up bareboard debug sessions that attach to all 4 cores. All 4 cores are selected in the debug session (Main / Target settings).

Apparently I had this problem years ago on a P5020, see:Linux Kernel Debugging 

A comment was made to select SMP vs. AMP, but I don't see that as a choice anywhere (and it isn't mentioned in CWPADBGUG). I even verified the ...smp attribute is set to "true" in the .launch file.

What am I missing? Is there something else I can check/set in launch or xml files?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Dean Saridakis,

Please refer to the step by step Linux Kernel debugging document Debugging Linux Kernel with CodeWarrior for PA, especially refer to the section "3.3 Debugging the Kernel after the MMU is Enabled".

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

deans
Contributor I

That's what I'm doing -- I only get 1 core when the debug session starts.

0 Kudos