Flash reports as unprotected but reports Sector Protection Error when erasing

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash reports as unprotected but reports Sector Protection Error when erasing

lennon_williams
Contributor I

I am trying to erase and program u-boot using a T4240 with flash device S70GL02GS12FHBV20, which is two S29GL01GS in a stacked configuration.

When using the Flash Programmer utility, we select the "Unprotect flash memory before erase" option, then Erase & Program. Code Warrior reports that the flash was successfully unprotected, but when trying to erase the sectors, it still reports Sector Protection Error.

We're using programming algorithm 128Mx16x1. This successfully erases and programs anything that is not u-boot. Our protecttype is amd. I don't know what other options exist.

We have the WP# signal on our flash set high, so its sector protection should not be active.

Any suggestions?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lennon_williams
Contributor I

Update: We're still not sure why the unprotect operation doesn't do what it says it's doing, but we modified our .tcl file to clear the PPB block, which allows us to erase and program.

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please check whether NOR flash memory mapping defined in CodeWarrior initialization file is conflicted with the reserved memory sections in the memory map file in <workspace>\<project>\CFG\T4240QDS.mem.

0 Kudos