Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDR validation connection

Jump to solution
peter_mathia
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm doing a bringup of custom board with T4241.

Connecting CW JTAG and debugging SW works fine using both CW TAP or CW Gigabit TAP.

Now I want to configure and test DDRs.

However, I can not establish target connection from DDR validation tool in CW QCVS. It says "there is something wrong with the target connection".

Am I missing something? Or what could be wrong?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution
peter_mathia
Contributor I

hello,

thank you very much. I got an advice from one of our direct contacts at NXP and the problem has been resolved.

Solution: 

The debugger uses a separate connection than does QCVS (at one point they were two separate tools) and they’ve been known to interfere with each other.  Since you’ve established that you can connect with the debugger, and assuming that you’re using Windows, I would close CW and then go to the Windows tool tray (bottom right) and locate ccs.exe and quit.  Ensure that you quit all instances of ccs.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
peter_mathia
Contributor I

hello,

thank you very much. I got an advice from one of our direct contacts at NXP and the problem has been resolved.

Solution: 

The debugger uses a separate connection than does QCVS (at one point they were two separate tools) and they’ve been known to interfere with each other.  Since you’ve established that you can connect with the debugger, and assuming that you’re using Windows, I would close CW and then go to the Windows tool tray (bottom right) and locate ccs.exe and quit.  Ensure that you quit all instances of ccs.

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

First please program valid RCW on your custom board, QCVS DDRv tool doesn't have JTAG configuration file overriding  RCW function.

If there is SPD on your target board, please create QCVS DDR project with "read from SPD" method. If no SPD, please create the project with default configuration, then modify Properties panel according to DDR data sheet.

Please capture low level CCS log to me to do more investigation.

When you connect QCVS DDR project to the target board, the CCS console will pop up at the right bottom of the Windows task bar.

Please open CCS log and type "log v", then connect to the target board again, the low level CCS log will be printed out. Please capture this log to me to do more investigation.

0 Kudos