Code Warrior Tap Software Options

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code Warrior Tap Software Options

smiller2
Contributor III

I have a brand new project targeting the LS1046A.   We have not used this processor before.  During the schematic design, I downloaded the evaluation version of Code Warrior to help with the Reset Configuration Word and hopefully not to assign pins to impossible configurations.    First article of the design is due to ship from the assembler next week.   Boss has finally bought the Code Warrior Tap  interface.  I got it today, but cannot seem to get it to be recognized by Code Warrior.    If I go into the licenses section, it says that my debug license is expired. 

Questions:

1.  Is Code Warrior Tap only supported in paid versions of Code Warrior?    We paid over $500 for this tool.  I would think for that money it would at least do something.

2.  Previously I was told that this was the only JTAG tool with  support for  the LS1046A.   Is there any open source software that supports this tool?

3.  If a paid version of Code Warrior is required to use Code Warrior Tap, then what cost level is required?   (This information does not appear in the two sheets of paper that came in the box with the JTAG tool.)

4.   Can I re-install the evaluation version of Code Warrior on a different computer and at least get a few weeks of use?   My boss has to approve all purchases and he just left today on a Hawaii vacation.  He will not return for 10 days. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

1. CodeWarrior TAP can work with the paid version or evaluation version CodeWarrior.

2. No open source software.

3. Please click "BUY NOW" in "https://www.nxp.com/design/software/development-software/codewarrior-development-tools/codewarrior-n... to check CodeWarrior license information.

4. Yes, you can.

0 Kudos

smiller2
Contributor III

Thanks.   I got Code Warrior installed on another machine and had a 15 day eval.   Hopefully my boss will feel generous after his Hawaii vacation and purchase the full version. 

0 Kudos