CodeWarrior debug on M5213EVB -- no usb connection...

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior debug on M5213EVB -- no usb connection...

RichTestardi
Senior Contributor II
Hi all,

I'm helping someone with CodeWarrior 7.1 running against an M5213EVB board.

She can use the pemicro tool progcfz to program her board, but when we try to do anything with CodeWarrior, it says (sorry, this is all by phone) roughly "coldfire pe protocol adapter: no usb connection found".

Basically, she can't debug with CodeWarrior or use the Tools -> Flash Programmer.

I verified the following:

Remote Debugging Connection: PEMICRO_USB
  CF Debugger Settings Target Processor: 5213, TargetOS BareBoard

Can anyone tell me:

a) is this supposed to work (i.e., interactive debugging with CodeWarrior on M5213EVB), and
b) what I should check or change to help her get going (she's doing flash and reset debugging now).

Thanks for any help!!!

I guess I have been lucky (and Freescale has been careful! :-) because all this always just works for me, so I have no idea what could be wrong!

-- Rich
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

ipa
Contributor III
Hi,
I had a similar problem with HCS12 - and I think the problem is in USB drivers - try to use different physical USB connectors for pemicro and CW - go to control panel and try first to restore/repair CW having the BDM in one USB connector and then use pemicro in another one.
Same problem arise when you change the BDM with another one - PEMicro use a BDM internal identifer inside driver , so you must reinstall the driver (a great bad idea...).
Hope this will help.
Regards,
ipa 
0 Kudos

RichTestardi
Senior Contributor II
Thank you, I have passed that on and we'll try repairing the installation and then plugging the EVB into a brand new USB port.  If that doesn't work, we'll repeat the repair with the EVB plugged into yet another brand new USB port.
0 Kudos